Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting flashloader.bin

gsbalajikrishnan
Contributor II

Hi.

I am using iMXRT1160 

I have built flashloader and got flashloader.bin example using MCUXpresso IDE with SDK 2.12. and I have got flashloader.bin by SPT tool which are completely different 

how can get flashloader.bin by SDK same as SPT?

Thanks & Regards,

Balajikrishnan.G.S

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

gsbalajikrishnan
Contributor II

I have few queries in creation of secure flash-loader for i.MXRT1160.

1.  How to retrieve start address from the flash-loader image (build from SDK) & provide input for BD file?

2.  Also, with the available BD files in the SPT tool(unsigned_MIMXRT1166_flashloader_win), with the start address(0x20200000) provided in the BD file & tried to convert the bin to srec using objcopy.exe. I can't be able to get the flashloader.srec image. if i provide the address as 0x20202000 for the srec conversion, I can be able to generate the required flashloader.srec. In this case, how to choose the address for the srec conversion or how to retrieve the address for that?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @gsbalajikrishnan ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) How can get flash loader.bin by SDK the same as SPT?
-- It's too hard to assure get a completely identical bin after compiling the flash loader demo, however, you can modify its linker file to assure the demo link to the same section as the flashloader.bin in the SPT tool does.

BR,

Jeremy
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

gsbalajikrishnan
Contributor II

Hi @jeremyzhou 

Thanks for your information,

The flashloader.srec which is given in SPT tool as 

nxp\MCUX_Provi_v4.1\bin\data\targets\MIMXRT1166

gsbalajikrishnan_0-1669297151516.png

I would like to know how can i get flashloader.srec as SPT got?

is there any procedure to follow?

kindly suggest me

Thanks & Regards,

Balajikrishnan.G.S

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @gsbalajikrishnan ,
Thanks for your reply
1) Is there any procedure to follow?
-- As you know, there's a flashloader demo in the SDK library, you can compile it to generate this kind of image file.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

gsbalajikrishnan
Contributor II

Hi @jeremyzhou ,

Thanks for your information

I built flash loader example from SDK 2.12 and got flashloader.bin

I want to know how to convert from flashloader.bin to flashloader.srec , because I need to convert elf to flash loader bootable image, for that I need to give flashloader.srec as input.

Do you follow certain steps or any tool to convert flashloader.bin to flashloader.srec?

Thanks & Regards,

Balajikrishnan.G.S

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @gsbalajikrishnan ,
Thanks for your reply.
1) Do you follow certain steps or any tool to convert flashloader.bin to flashloader.srec?
-- The IDEs can generate the srec file when compiling completes, for example, the IAR provides the setting to generate the srec file, and you can refer to the corresponding IDE's guide to learn how to generate this kind of file.

jeremyzhou_0-1669626118117.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos