Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot move the ISR vector to a different area in external Flash

Jump to solution
MatiasBognato
Contributor II

Hi community,

We have been struggling with this issue for some time. We need to move the vector table to a known location so that it can be used by the Bootloader to jump to the Application using the Reset vector.

We are using the iMX RT1176 uCOM from Embedded Artists with the dev kit.

The table needs to be placed at 0x30080100 in the external SPI flash. The linker files have been modified accordingly and the map file looks good. Below are a few screenshots:

MatiasBognato_6-1669402773994.png

MatiasBognato_7-1669402889029.png

MatiasBognato_2-1669401766422.png

MatiasBognato_3-1669402024982.png

The problem:

- When debugging the vector table appears at 0x30002000, not at the address intended.

- The binary also appears to be different. Probably something else to figure out. It does not match what is expected based on the map file, or the memory observed while debugging.

MatiasBognato_5-1669402439113.png

Hopefully, I have placed enough info. Your help is much appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MatiasBognato
Contributor II

Ok, I will place this here. Hopefully, it helps another person like me. 

What I failed to realize is that the debugger configuration was not configured to work with the active configuration for the project...    Meaning, it was always working with the Debug configuration even though the project was actively configured with the Release one, and that is why nothing matched and nothing made sense.

Now the memory, the binary, and the map are aligned and I can start my weekend with a happy face.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MatiasBognato
Contributor II

Ok, I will place this here. Hopefully, it helps another person like me. 

What I failed to realize is that the debugger configuration was not configured to work with the active configuration for the project...    Meaning, it was always working with the Debug configuration even though the project was actively configured with the Release one, and that is why nothing matched and nothing made sense.

Now the memory, the binary, and the map are aligned and I can start my weekend with a happy face.

0 Kudos