cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yocto fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs image dependencies

luca_simone_ron
Contributor I

Hello,

I am working on a custom BSP for a board based on i.MX6 quad and I need a mfgtool image. I have a custum kernel and bootloader for my machine, correctly proposed as PREFERRED_PROVIDERS of virtual/kernel and virtual/bootloader respectively. However when I try to bitbake the mfgtool image with "bitbake fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs" it seems to be dependent on "u-boot-fsl-mfgtool" instead of my custum bootloader.

Investigating further I found that in the image recipe

sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk/recipes-fsl/images/fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs.bbappend

the dependency is adjusted only for the kernel and not for the bootloader

# Replace linux-mfgtool with virtual/kernel

DEPENDS_remove = "linux-mfgtool"
DEPENDS_append = " virtual/kernel"

Should it be as follow ?

# Replace linux-mfgtool with virtual/kernel

DEPENDS_remove = "linux-mfgtool u-boot-mfgtool"
DEPENDS_append = " virtual/kernel virtual/bootloader"

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

luca_simone_ron
Contributor I

Dear Rita,

the BSP is a "rocko" for a custom kernel derived form imx-4.9.88-2.0.0.

The next question is more general, after the image fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs has been created without errors, the deploy directory seems to contain only

fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx6qdta-20200317082039.rootfs.cpio.gz.u-boot
fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx6qdta-20200317082039.rootfs.manifest
fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx6qdta-20200317082039.testdata.json

something is missing right ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are using the board you design, if DDR changed you need to build the images for mfgtool, here when you fished build you can try to download, make sure the name are the same with the ones in uxl2.xml file.

0 Kudos

luca_simone_ron
Contributor I

Thanks,

for the support, I may have not clear the entire process so please apologize any weird query from my side.

We already have a mfgtools2 working with our custom image. It is manually crafted from a previous deployment by adding the new kernel, uboot and rootfs.

What I would like to understand is if the yocto recipe " image fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs" would help in the preparation of the custom mfgtools components. I could not find any document about what I should expect from bitbaking it, it seems only to output the custom u-boot image. Is this because I already have an image bitbaked ?

Luca

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Using Yocto Project and bibake mfgtool-linux-imx for kernel firmware and bitbake u-boot-mfgtool for uboot firmware.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Are you using the uuu tool to download ?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you tell us which version of BSP are you using?

0 Kudos