upgrade yocto kernel to support to have missing kernel configuration option

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade yocto kernel to support to have missing kernel configuration option

pehenazam
Contributor I

I am using imx6p solo and I'd like to add OPT3001 Digital Ambient Light Sensor to my linux kernel. However, kernel configuration options (Symbol: OPT3001 [=y]) is missing in the kernel that we are using. here is "uname -a"

Linux acompany 4.1.15-1.2.0+g7d6134 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 18 15:25:22 CEST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

How I can upgrade kernel in yocto to support it? if not possible why? and how I can port  "drivers/iio/light/opt3001.c" to our kernel?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pehen Azam,

I would make sure that the driver is compatible with the 4.1.15 Kernel. I’m not familiar with this driver but the driver documentation should clarify which kernel versions are compatible. Depending on this you may need to switch kernel versions, but it would depend on the driver.

It looks like the driver is not available in a git, so you would need to add it manually to your linux distribution (either using yocto or manually). Some third parties do provide layers that are easily portable, or sometimes the drivers get ported to open source layers so you may also want to look for the driver on the yocto proyect layers.

Regards,

0 Kudos