cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot porting issue

Jump to solution
danielbujak
Contributor III

I'm trying to port u-boot from the mx6ul_14x14_evk to a custom board. Right now I'm just trying to setup the same build under the new target name. I've followed the porting guide document but I'm getting the following error when I try to make.

scripts/kconfig/conf  --silentoldconfig Kconfig
  CHK     include/config.h
  CFG     u-boot.cfg
In file included from include/config.h:6:0,
                 from ./include/common.h:21:
include/configs/mx6ul_customboard_v1.h:11:31: fatal error: asm/arch/imx-regs.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
scripts/Makefile.autoconf:79: recipe for target 'u-boot.cfg' failed
make[1]: *** [u-boot.cfg] Error 1
make: *** No rule to make target 'include/config/auto.conf', needed by 'include/config/uboot.release'.  Stop.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielbujak
Contributor III

For anyone encountering the same, the issue was that the asm/arch symbolic link wasn't being created to point to asm/arch-mx6. Adding the below the Kconfig in my board folder resolved this issue.

config SYS_SOC
    default "mx6"

The error after fixing that is:

In file included from board/freescale/mx6ul_customboard_v1/mx6ul_customboard_v1.c:12:0:
./arch/arm/include/asm/arch/mx6-pins.h:47:2: error: #error "Please select cpu"
 #error "Please select cpu"
  ^
scripts/Makefile.build:280: recipe for target 'board/freescale/mx6ul_customboard_v1/mx6ul_customboard_v1.o' failed
make[1]: *** [board/freescale/mx6ul_customboard_v1/mx6ul_customboard_v1.o] Error 1
Makefile:1257: recipe for target 'board/customboard/mx6ul_customboard_v1' failed
make: *** [board/freescale/mx6ul_customboard_v1] Error 2

Looks like for some reason CONFIG_MX6UL isn't being exported. Can anyone explain where this should be getting set?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi danielbujak,

you may find useful this document, please take a look.

U-Boot Migration Example 

Best regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
danielbujak
Contributor III

For anyone encountering the same, the issue was that the asm/arch symbolic link wasn't being created to point to asm/arch-mx6. Adding the below the Kconfig in my board folder resolved this issue.

config SYS_SOC
    default "mx6"

The error after fixing that is:

In file included from board/freescale/mx6ul_customboard_v1/mx6ul_customboard_v1.c:12:0:
./arch/arm/include/asm/arch/mx6-pins.h:47:2: error: #error "Please select cpu"
 #error "Please select cpu"
  ^
scripts/Makefile.build:280: recipe for target 'board/freescale/mx6ul_customboard_v1/mx6ul_customboard_v1.o' failed
make[1]: *** [board/freescale/mx6ul_customboard_v1/mx6ul_customboard_v1.o] Error 1
Makefile:1257: recipe for target 'board/customboard/mx6ul_customboard_v1' failed
make: *** [board/freescale/mx6ul_customboard_v1] Error 2

Looks like for some reason CONFIG_MX6UL isn't being exported. Can anyone explain where this should be getting set?

0 Kudos
danielbujak
Contributor III

Needed to add ,MX6UL to the CONFIG_SYS_EXTRA_OPTIONS like so: "CONFIG_SYS_EXTRA_OPTIONS="IMX_CONFIG=arch/arm/imx-common/spl_sd.cfg,MX6UL"

Can anyone explain where this flag is set for the standard MX6UL_14x14_EVK build?

0 Kudos