NATIVELSBSTRING = "ubuntu-16.04"
TARGET_SYS = "aarch64-poky-linux"
MACHINE = "imx8mmevk"
DISTRO = "fsl-imx-xwayland"
DISTRO_VERSION = "4.14-sumo"
TUNE_FEATURES = "aarch64"
TARGET_FPU = ""

I am able to build the images.

I would like to know the toolchain name and location path.

From the doc: i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf

section 5.3 : Building an Image

The Yocto Project build uses the bitbake command. For example, bitbake <component> builds the named component.

Each component build has multiple tasks, such as fetching, configuration, compilation, packaging, and deploying to the target

rootfs. The bitbake image build gathers all the components required by the image and build in order of the dependency per

task. The first build is the toolchain along with the tools required for the components to build.

The following command is an example on how to build an image:

$ bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx

Could you please tell me the toolchain name and location path:

Thank you,

Sreedhar

0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sreedhar,

See below, please!

aarch64-poky-linux-gcc
weidong@ubuntu:~/imx-release-bsp-l4.19.35/build-xwayland-imx8/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-aarch64/8.3.0-r0/sysroot-destdir/home/weidong/imx-release-bsp-l4.19.35/build-xwayland-imx8/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-aarch64/8.3.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/libexec/aarch64-poky-linux/gcc/aarch64-poky-linux/8.3.0$ ls
aarch64-poky-linux-ar   aarch64-poky-linux-ld.bfd   aarch64-poky-linux-ranlib  cc1plus        ld                 libcc1plugin.so.0.0.0  libcp1plugin.so.0       lto1         plugin
aarch64-poky-linux-as   aarch64-poky-linux-ld.gold  aarch64-poky-linux-strip   collect2       ld.bfd             libcc1.so              libcp1plugin.so.0.0.0   lto-wrapper  ranlib
aarch64-poky-linux-cpp  aarch64-poky-linux-nm       ar                         cpp            ld.gold            libcc1.so.0            liblto_plugin.so        nm           strip
aarch64-poky-linux-gcc  aarch64-poky-linux-objcopy  as                         gcc            libcc1plugin.so    libcc1.so.0.0.0        liblto_plugin.so.0      objcopy
aarch64-poky-linux-ld   aarch64-poky-linux-objdump  cc1                        install-tools  libcc1plugin.so.0  libcp1plugin.so        liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0  objdump
weidong@ubuntu:~/imx-release-bsp-l4.19.35/build-xwayland-imx8/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-aarch64/8.3.0-r0/sysroot-destdir/home/weidong/imx-release-bsp-l4.19.35/build-xwayland-imx8/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-aarch64/8.3.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/libexec/aarch64-poky-linux/gcc/aarch64-poky-linux/8.3.0$

Have a nice day!

B.R,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sreedhar,

In i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf, it is described on how to operate standalone mode and how to export tool chain.

you can do like this:

--->compiling image

1. DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mmevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland

2. bitbake core-image-minimal

--->exporting tool chain

1.Using the command to export toolchain SDK.

#DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mmevk bitbake core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk

Then you will get a .sh file including tool chain, see below, please!

pastedImage_1.png

2. Copy the file to /opt/

# cd ~/imx-yocto-bsp/build-xwayland/tmp/deploy/sdk

# sudo cp ./fsl-imx-xwayland-glibc-x86_64-core-image-minimal-aarch64-toolchain-4.14-sumo.sh /opt

# cd /opt

# sudo ././fsl-imx-xwayland-glibc-x86_64-core-image-minimal-aarch64-toolchain-4.14-sumo.sh

Then according to guidance to install toolchain to /opt directory or other director you like.

Below is mine:

pastedImage_2.png

3. Before starting to opreate standalone, environment must be set.

Below is linux and u-boot source code on my ubuntu:

pastedImage_3.png

Set environment:

# source /opt/Cortex-A53-L4.14.98-2.0.0-toolchain/4.14-sumo/environment-setup-aarch64-poky-linux

The command indicates the CROSS_COMPILE environment has been ready.

Now you can use "make" to compile u-boot or linux source code.

Hope above contents are helpful to you!

Have a nice day!

B.R,

Weidong

0 Kudos
sreedhar_appala
Contributor IV

Hi Weidong,

Thank you for the details!!

From the doc:  i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf          section 5.3

"The first build is the toolchain along with the tools required for the components to build"

without exporting the toolchain we can build the entire distribution

We build the distribution as below:

1. DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8mmevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland

2. bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx

sdcard images are created in the deploy directory : /deploy/images/imx8mmevk/

by exporting the toolchain as mentioned in the details by you, we can know the toolchain name and path.

If we don't export the toolchain, can we know the toolchain name and path used for building the distribution?

Can you tell me the toolchain path and name without exporting.

Regards,

Sreedhar

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sreedhar,

See below, please!

aarch64-poky-linux-gcc
weidong@ubuntu:~/imx-release-bsp-l4.19.35/build-xwayland-imx8/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-aarch64/8.3.0-r0/sysroot-destdir/home/weidong/imx-release-bsp-l4.19.35/build-xwayland-imx8/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-aarch64/8.3.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/libexec/aarch64-poky-linux/gcc/aarch64-poky-linux/8.3.0$ ls
aarch64-poky-linux-ar   aarch64-poky-linux-ld.bfd   aarch64-poky-linux-ranlib  cc1plus        ld                 libcc1plugin.so.0.0.0  libcp1plugin.so.0       lto1         plugin
aarch64-poky-linux-as   aarch64-poky-linux-ld.gold  aarch64-poky-linux-strip   collect2       ld.bfd             libcc1.so              libcp1plugin.so.0.0.0   lto-wrapper  ranlib
aarch64-poky-linux-cpp  aarch64-poky-linux-nm       ar                         cpp            ld.gold            libcc1.so.0            liblto_plugin.so        nm           strip
aarch64-poky-linux-gcc  aarch64-poky-linux-objcopy  as                         gcc            libcc1plugin.so    libcc1.so.0.0.0        liblto_plugin.so.0      objcopy
aarch64-poky-linux-ld   aarch64-poky-linux-objdump  cc1                        install-tools  libcc1plugin.so.0  libcp1plugin.so        liblto_plugin.so.0.0.0  objdump
weidong@ubuntu:~/imx-release-bsp-l4.19.35/build-xwayland-imx8/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-aarch64/8.3.0-r0/sysroot-destdir/home/weidong/imx-release-bsp-l4.19.35/build-xwayland-imx8/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/gcc-cross-aarch64/8.3.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/libexec/aarch64-poky-linux/gcc/aarch64-poky-linux/8.3.0$

Have a nice day!

B.R,

Weidong

0 Kudos
sreedhar_appala
Contributor IV

Thank you Weidong. I got the required answer.

0 Kudos