test usb otg

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

test usb otg

hailiu
Contributor IV

I am working on a project with iMX6 solo processor. all the power supplys are OK, I connected the board with JTAG and ULINK Pro, and I can run instructions. Now I want to port the linux operation system into my board using serial download and test DDR, all require USB OTG to run. I have no way to know whether the USB is working or no if I don't write the USB driver. My question are: Is there driver code in the ROM booting code? How do I know whether my USB is working or not? Is there any program to test the USB witout using the operating system?

when I plug my USB OTG to a PC, I can hear the USB identification sound, but the device manager show nothing about the USB OTG, I tried to find new device with device manager, it shows unknown device, and can not communicate with the USB OTG.

0 Kudos
13 Replies

Proccultist
Contributor I

Wow this blog is very nice … 

TellDunkin

0 Kudos

hailiu
Contributor IV

dear weidong,

thank you for your prompot reply. I checked my board, the ID level is high. I am using windows 8, is win10  a must?

0 Kudos

hailiu
Contributor IV

dear weidong,

thank you for your prompot reply. I checked my board, the ID level is high. I am using windows 8, is win10  a must?

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hailiu,

we use windows 10, and don't have windows 8 to test it.

so you can find a windows 10 PC to test it.

Have a nice day!

B.R,

Weidong

0 Kudos

hailiu
Contributor IV

Dear Weidong,

I checked the Dn and Dp signal under the condition that the plag A  was plugged in the host, but the host was not turned on so VBUS had no power, it seems the pull up and pull down resistors were working. The only suscipious is the ID pin, I use T4 (GPIO_1) as the ID pin, but the reference use w23 (Enet_Rx_ER) as the ID pin, does this an issue? if so, have a solution?

included are the plots for Dp and Dn with plud A plugged in and not plugged in.scope_4.jpgscope_5.jpg

0 Kudos

hailiu
Contributor IV

Dear Weidong,

It is the same for win 10, I guess the USB does not work. below is the captured waveform on D+ and D-, green one is for D+,blue one is for D-. I am new on USB, which period is it in the process of attachment of the USB?scope_0.bmp

0 Kudos

hailiu
Contributor IV

Weidong,

I checked other USB device, it seems that the sequence above is a standard Windows sequence, other device has response, my USB has no responce, included is the circuit, any thing wrong? Included are USB circuit and the waveforms observed on L23 pin4、 pin 2 and and pin 3, purple is observed on pin 4,blue is from pin 3, green one is from pin 2. It seems the signal is OK.

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

weidong_sun_0-1600390160719.png

请测量一下VDDUSB_CAP的电压多大,正常的电压是3.0V,3.2V,都是对的。低于3.0V是不对的。

伟东

0 Kudos

hailiu
Contributor IV

伟东,

我测得2.96V,是否可以?另外是否是因为我的Id管脚用T4的缘故?

谢谢

0 Kudos

hailiu
Contributor IV

伟东,

有何建议?

谢谢

0 Kudos

hailiu
Contributor IV

Why no response?!!!!!

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hailiu,

1. USB OTG On board should work in device mode
USB_OTG_ID pin should be pulled up to HIGH via 10k resistor.
it means that if USB_OTG_ID is HIGH level, USB OTG will work in device mode.

2. Connecting it to PC USB
If connecting board to PC USB, windows 10 will driver it to be HID Compliance device, don't need to install driver for windows 10.
So you should check if you can find "HID Compliance device".

3. Programming images into eMMC/SD on board

If HID Compliance device is OK, you can use uuu tool to program images into eMMC/SD card on board.

Have a nice day!

B.R,

Weidong

hailiu
Contributor IV

This is what I captured on the DP pin when the power is turned on.

0 Kudos