problem with LPDDR register settings

Jump to solution
suzan
Contributor II

platform:imx258

RAM:LPDDDR (micron x16)

eMMC is used

Tool kit :ATK Toolkit

when i download the u-boot.bin using ATK tool kit, it gives download successfully but its not able to boot.

If i use program option & select MMC/SD ,it gives Failed to initial flash or Do not support this Flash, please reset the target

how can i fix it.

Any help will be greatful.

Regards,

suzan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Suzan,

There can be different causes for your issue:

- The image you are using is not made to boot from SD. Normally, the uboot images are made to boot from NAND, if you want to boot from a different source, you have to modify the code. You can try to download it to NAND and see if it boots from there.

- Your boot pins are not correctly configured. Please check tables 7-1 and 7-3 of the MX25 reference manual and make sure your pins are correctly configured to boot from the source you want.

- Your serial port is not correctly configured. So your system is actually booting but you can't see anything in your console. Settings are: Baud rate: 115200, Data: 8 bits, Parity: None, Stop: 1 bit, Flow control: None.

Best regards.

Jorge.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
suzan
Contributor II

Thanks jorge for your quick response.

In our Rev1 board we using NAND and DDR2.i tested with that board.its able to dowload and u-boot has come.

In Rev2 board eMMC and LPDDR is been used.i had changed the source code accordingly.

i changed source code for DDR2 to LPDDR

include/configs/mx25_3stack.h in this file i enabled MXC_MEMORY_MDDR macro.

Any other file to be changed.

one query when we get DDR clock.

0 Kudos
JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Suzan,

There can be different causes for your issue:

- The image you are using is not made to boot from SD. Normally, the uboot images are made to boot from NAND, if you want to boot from a different source, you have to modify the code. You can try to download it to NAND and see if it boots from there.

- Your boot pins are not correctly configured. Please check tables 7-1 and 7-3 of the MX25 reference manual and make sure your pins are correctly configured to boot from the source you want.

- Your serial port is not correctly configured. So your system is actually booting but you can't see anything in your console. Settings are: Baud rate: 115200, Data: 8 bits, Parity: None, Stop: 1 bit, Flow control: None.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos