mr3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mr3

mrlantz
Contributor I

The register (DMC_base+0x1C) handle the MRW towards the memory device are used during initialization. When the initialization are done it should be possible to change the memory drive strength according to JEDEC. When MRW controller are used to change the memory device drive strength the controller hangs. Do you have any guidelines how the controller should be used not to hang the controller?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mrlantz
Contributor I

The response are very slow but maybe this is normal for this forum or the question needed more than normal time to be answered. Anyway I managed to solve the question during the wait for this one or at least the controller do not hang anymore. The power save option need to be turned off before you have access to the controller changes. If you think that more should be added to this or/and it would be good to get some kind of confirmation from FS, please do so.

0 Kudos

mrlantz
Contributor I

Just as clarification. The CON_ACK will never be set when CON_REQ are requested and this will generate a system hang if any attempt to change the MR when CON_ACK are zero. So how is it possible to make the DMC able to change the MR of the device? The MRR command works without the CON_REQ. Is there any other CMD you can use that do not require CON_REQ and can change the MR value?

0 Kudos