mfgtool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mfgtool

mrlantz
Contributor I

I try to use the MfgTool2 to upload a binary to target. I have adapted the xml file so it will only upload the binary. I can see that the binary are copy as it should to the correct ram location but I thought that when the copy was done the ROM code should just set the PC to the start address of the code but this do not occur. What it required to make the ROM to set the PC to the start location of the copied binary?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MFG uses serial (USB) boot mode of an i.MX device to load and run a bootloader,

that - in its turn - contains entry (start) point for the bootloader in so called DCD table.

Say, for U-boot, the flash_header.S file contains the DCD table, which is intended to be loaded

and executed by i.MX boot ROM (automatically during boot). For example,  look at section 8.6.2

"Device Configuration Data (DCD)" of the Reference Manual (IMX6SDLRM) for more detals.

0 Kudos

mrlantz
Contributor I

As I stated the file is copied to the target meaning I have read about the header and about the DCD. But the jump to the copied code is not within the DCD and are normally automatically handled by the ROM. But it does not apply for Freescale and it is obvious a command from the MfgTool to the ROM and probably use of the JUMP command, but I do not possess the source code for the MfgTool and cannot do this without any help how to do this.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Really the IVT contains the entry / start point.  Please look at Table 8-25 (IVT Format) of the MX6SDL RM.
IVT field "entry: Absolute address of the first instruction to execute from the image."
This address is used by the boot ROM. No need to specify start address for the MFG.

0 Kudos

mrlantz
Contributor I

With some experimental with the xml syntax I finally managed to create a jump string that was correct and the execution was performed by the ROM.

Sent: den 17 januari 2014 10:30

To: 'jive-1692886948-4ogk-2-80o5@freescale.hosted.jivesoftware.com'

Subject: RE: - mgftool

Yes really, The header are configured with all the details that are required including the entry part.

0 Kudos

mrlantz
Contributor I

Yes really, The header are configured with all the details that are required including the entry part.

0 Kudos