cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow enet download speeds on i.MX6Solo using 3.10.9 based BSP

Jump to solution
scottwarner
Contributor III

This is on a custom board running an i.MX6Solo processor the rev is TO1.1.  Sabresd was used as a reference board.  I worked around this on the 3.0.35 based BSP by setting enable_wait_mode=off on the kernel command line, but this was a short term fix because we can't afford the additional power consumption introduced by disabling wait mode in the idle loop.  Errata ERR006687 mentions a software workaround in the 3.0.35 BSP, instead of pulling a newer 3.0.35 we decided to move to the 3.10.9 BSP to pick up some other features we needed.  Is there a patch for 3.10.9, or is there another solution for this problem?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Maybe it is still only in our internal git, I attached the patch, you can try it:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Scott

In kernel L3.10.9 or later, we have no enable_wait_mode=off setting any longer, as we implement cpuidle driver on this new kernel which has two level of cpuilde, one is WFI, the other is WAIT mode, it is selected depending on the PMQoS, I think we have implemented this PMQoS in our fec driver, see the commit ff9aeec412b6de87c22380b7b44cdcffb8e173d5 based on L3.10.17. This patch means when there is FEC data transfer, CPU will always enter first level of idle(WAIT mode off), if FEC is not active, WAIT mode will be ON.

0 Kudos
scottwarner
Contributor III

Hi Yongcai,

I don't see that commit in the branch I pulled down (the dora alpha branch), what's the best way to get that patch, just do a git pull from the repo that was created when I first ran the yocto build, or do I need to go through yocto to pull an update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Maybe it is still only in our internal git, I attached the patch, you can try it:

0 Kudos
scottwarner
Contributor III

That fixed it, thanks!

0 Kudos