Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login error..

Jump to solution
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hello,

We booted the yocto generated core-image-minimal rootfs with NFS, but got the following error message for login:

imx6dlsabresd login: root

login: can't set groups: Operatio

Freescale i.MX Release Distro 3.14.52-1.1.1 imx6dlsabresd /dev/ttymxc0

I would appreciate any help how to solve this problem..

Best regards.

Mehmet Ali Ipin.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mehmet

what bsp used in the case, please try with Demo Images described on below link

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

linux sources

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Igor,

Thank you for your helps, I downloaded image files and extracted fsl-image-validation-imx-xwayland-imxqpdlsolox.tar.bz2 files into my local directory and linked it to /tftpboot/root.

I got  "VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) on device 0:14.
devtmpfs: error mounting -2
Freeing unused kernel memory: 424K (80ae0000 - 80b4a000)
Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. Try passing init= option to kernel. See Linux Documentation/init.txt for guidance" message. 

If you know the solution, could you please tell me what and how to do? where the documentation/init.txt is located?

Thanks and best regards.

Mehmet Ali 

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mehmet

one can try to use linux documentation (in particular Linux Guide) on

i.MX Software|NXP 

Is it working without nfs, for example with sd.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
MehmetAliIpin
Contributor V

Dear Igor,

I restarted nfs kernel server and everything worked. Now we have a linux working i.mx6 board.

Thank you so much.

with my best regards.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mehmet

what bsp used in the case, please try with Demo Images described on below link

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

linux sources

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos