ipu-examples - Compile error - fatal error: linux/mxcfb.h: No such file or directory

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ipu-examples - Compile error - fatal error: linux/mxcfb.h: No such file or directory

Robert_P
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a VIA VAB-820 (i.MX6Q) with VIA's Linux EVK (AMOS-820 HMI Solution Pack Evaluation Package) installed.  I'm trying to compile the IPU examples from https://github.com/rogeriorps/ipu-examples.

I git cloned the repo into my directory, cd'ed to ipu-examples, and typed

./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --target=mx6 --prefix=/

to create my Makefile.

But when I type make, I get an error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/linaro/Desktop/ipu-examples'

Making all in mx6/basic/example1

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linaro/Desktop/ipu-examples/mx6/basic/example1'

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../..  -I //usr/src/kernel/include/uapi -I //usr/src/kernel/include/  -g -O2 -MT basic_ex1.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/basic_ex1.Tpo -c -o basic_ex1.o basic_ex1.c

basic_ex1.c:32:25: fatal error: linux/mxcfb.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

make[2]: *** [basic_ex1.o] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linaro/Desktop/ipu-examples/mx6/basic/example1'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/linaro/Desktop/ipu-examples'

make: *** [all] Error 2

Seems like it can't find /usr/include/linux/mxcfb.h.

How do I fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Labels (4)
3 Replies

frankba
Contributor III

Hi Robert,

first you must ensure that your SDK contains all the header files you need.

If you build an image like fsl-image-multimedia the command is

bitbake fsl-image-multimedia -c populate_sdk

Lets say, you have installed the SDK to the default folder which is for me:

/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi

Check that the header is present:

/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/usr/src/kernel/include/linux/mxcfb.h

Now, set the prefix accordingly, configure, and the build will succeed:

./configure --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --target=mx6 --prefix=/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi

(There will be warnings, but ...)

When everything else failed, you may also edit the makefiles generated by configure. They are pretty straightforward.

Frank

0 Kudos

maleklamari
Contributor II

Hi, I am having the same error. I generated the SDK correctly but it is not including the mxcfb.h header file.

I think this is because our platform is headless, so no framebuffer headers are needed/included, make sens?

Have you an idea on how to get around this, what should I add when compiling Yocto to get these files?

Thanks,

Malek

0 Kudos

frankba
Contributor III

Hi Malek,

if you dont use/have framebuffer in your project, some of the ipu-examples will simply not work because they use framebuffer for output.Other examples are file-to-file resp. memory-to-memory, like resizing. They include mxcfb.h but dont really need to. You may try to get these examples working for your system by changing the includes and Makefiles.

Also check Yocto Project Linux Kernel Development Manual about the packages you have to include in your image,

e.g. you might want to add to your image (or in local.conf):

IMAGE_INSTALL_append += "\

kernel-dev \

kernel-devsrc \

"

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "\

dev-pkgs \

"

Frank