cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inline ECC in i.MX8M Plus

Jump to solution
anhui527
Contributor III
Hi, NXP experts are there any documents about the function of inline ECC in i.MX8M plus ? thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

don't find any document for this, but get the information from expert team:
"The 8M Plus will support the DRAM inline ECC feature, however, it is currently being validated. Once validation is complete further information on the support will be made available.

This is an optional feature and customers will be allowed to enable or disable as well as configure the regions they want to be ECC protected. When enabled there will be a portion of DRAM (up to 1/8th the total density) that will have to be reserved. Also, there are performance and boot time implications with the feature enabled. For Inline ECC, 64/8 SECDED Hamming code is used and Data to ECC ratio is 8/1"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anishamd
Contributor I

how do we enable ECC in i.MX8M Plus can you share any documents if you have.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

don't find any document for this, but get the information from expert team:
"The 8M Plus will support the DRAM inline ECC feature, however, it is currently being validated. Once validation is complete further information on the support will be made available.

This is an optional feature and customers will be allowed to enable or disable as well as configure the regions they want to be ECC protected. When enabled there will be a portion of DRAM (up to 1/8th the total density) that will have to be reserved. Also, there are performance and boot time implications with the feature enabled. For Inline ECC, 64/8 SECDED Hamming code is used and Data to ECC ratio is 8/1"