imx8qxp-cpu - difference in SD boot files after building the source code - boot fail

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8qxp-cpu - difference in SD boot files after building the source code - boot fail

amitgrin
Contributor I

Hi,

i have the platform imx8qxp-cpu.

i downloaded the source code and build it as the instraction document.

after trying to boot from the source code SD files, the platform fail to boot.

i see difference in the boot files, from the original SD and the source code SD.

can someone help me understand what configuration i'm missing here?

here is the steps i use to build:

• repo init -u https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-rocko -m imx-4.9.88-2.2.0-8qxp_beta2.xml
  • repo sync
  • DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland MACHINE=imx8qxpmek source ./fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-xwayland
  • bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx ( tried it also with “core-image-base” and not worked neither)
  • bunzip2 -dk -f <image_name>.sdcard.bz2
  • sudo dd if=<image name>.sdcard of=/dev/sd<partition> bs=1M conv=fsync

now the differnce file i see are as follow:

ORIGINAL SD:

fsl-imx8qxp-mek-dsi-adv7535.dtb  fsl-imx8qxp-mek.dtb  fsl-imx8qxp-mek-enet2.dtb  fsl-imx8qxp-mek-lvds0-it6263.dtb  fsl-imx8qxp-mek-lvds0-lvds1-it6263.dtb  fsl-imx8qxp-mek-lvds1-it6263.dtb  Image

SOURCE CODE SD:

fsl-imx8qxp-mek-csi.dtb   fsl-imx8qxp-mek-dsi-rm67191.dtb  fsl-imx8qxp-mek-enet2.dtb          fsl-imx8qxp-mek-mipi-ov5640.dtb  Image
fsl-imx8qxp-mek-dom0.dtb  fsl-imx8qxp-mek.dtb              fsl-imx8qxp-mek-enet2-tja1100.dtb  fsl-imx8qxp-mek-ov5640.dtb

thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Amit

meaning of these files can be found in Linux Documentation (Release Notes)

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.14.78_1.0.0_LINUX_DOCS&appType=license&location=null 

Linux L4.14.78

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos