imx6q hanged when boot up the kernel

逍遥李
Contributor II

1.environment :

CPU: imx6q 1.2Ghz

DDR: 4GB

EMMC: 32GB

2.bug:

1) after Starting kernel... the program hanged, uart log as the attachment.

2) I found the program hanged at the function "of_clk_init(NULL)" (kernel/arch/arm/mach-imx/Mach-imx6q.c imx6q_timer_init() );

Could you please help me fix the problem???

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The most likely cause of the issue is some inappropriate design of the DDR memory interface, causing it to hang when switching to higher operational frequency. Please check your DDR interface design according to the Sections 3.1 to 3.6 of the i.MX6 series Hardware Development Guide document, available on the processor's Documentation web page:

http://www.nxp.com/products/automotive-products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-mcus-and-mpus/i....

Pay the special attention to the traces impedance matching as per the Section 3.3 and trace length matching as per the Section 3.4.

Also, check the set points of the VDD_ARM_CAP, VDD_SOC_CAP and VDD_PU_CAP power rails, they should be between 1.25V and 1.3V for 1.2GHz operatin

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

逍遥李
Contributor II

Dear all,

my base is android_L5.0, I have changed the .dtb file to cancle the bypass mode. Is there any others need to modified??????

I haved changed all the "fsl, ldo-bypass" node, as follow, and make the imx6q-sabresd-ldo.dtb in device tree.

fsl,ldo-bypass = <1>——>fsl,ldo-bypass = <0>

0 Kudos