cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 kernel patching error

riteshpanchal
Contributor II

i am using imx6qsabresd board.

I am lerning kernel patching using yocto.

for testing i changed 'build-x11/tmp/work/imx6qsabresd-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx/3.14.28-r0/git/drivers/media/platform/mxc/capture/ov5640.c' file.

i followed below link for creating the patch.

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95252

and then i created custom layer using

yocto-layer create fsl-custom

in source directory.

PFA layer folder with .bbappend and patch file.

I also added new BBLAYER info in conf/bblayers.conf.

And then if i try to execute following command

bitbake -c cleansstate linux-imx

i got following error

ERROR: No recipes available for:

/home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-custom/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx-3.14.28.bbappend

Please suggest any solution

Original Attachment has been moved to: meta-fsl-custom.tar.gz

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The steps overall look fine.

Have you checked that your layer is being parsed by bitbake using the following command?

$ bitbake-layers show-layers

If the layer is showing next I would recommend making sure that the append file is being picked up. Please run:

$ bitbake-layers show-appends

Is the append showing?

0 Kudos

riteshpanchal
Contributor II

Please find the output of show-layers and show-appends

ritesh@riteshPC:~/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11$ bitbake-layers show-layers

layer                 path                                      priority

==========================================================================

meta                  /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta  5

meta-yocto            /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/meta-yocto  5

meta-oe               /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe  6

meta-multimedia       /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-multimedia  6

meta-fsl-arm          /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm  5

meta-fsl-arm-extra    /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-arm-extra  4

meta-fsl-demos        /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-demos  4

meta-fsl-custom       /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-custom  4

meta-fsl-arm          /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm  0

meta-fsl-demos        /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-demos  0

meta-browser          /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-browser  7

meta-gnome            /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-gnome  7

meta-networking       /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-networking  5

meta-python           /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-python  7

meta-ruby             /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-ruby  7

meta-filesystems      /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-filesystems  6

meta-qt5              /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-qt5  7

meta-fsl-qt5          /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-qt5  0

meta-fsl-bluez        /home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-bluez  8

ritesh@riteshPC:~/fsl-release-bsp/build-x11$ bitbake-layers show-appends

Parsing recipes..ERROR: No recipes available for:

/home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/meta-fsl-custom/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx-3.14.28.bbappend

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake-layers", line 758, in <module>

sys.exit(main(sys.argv[1:]) or 0)

File "/home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake-layers", line 50, in main

cmds.onecmd(' '.join(args))

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/cmd.py", line 221, in onecmd

return func(arg)

File "/home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake-layers", line 506, in do_show_appends

self.init_bbhandler()

File "/home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/bin/bitbake-layers", line 67, in init_bbhandler

self.bbhandler.prepare(config_only)

File "/home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/tinfoil.py", line 85, in prepare

self.parseRecipes()

File "/home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/tinfoil.py", line 68, in parseRecipes

self.cooker.updateCache()

File "/home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 1317, in updateCache

self.show_appends_with_no_recipes()

File "/home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 762, in show_appends_with_no_recipes

bb.fatal(msg)

File "/home/ritesh/fsl-release-bsp/sources/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/__init__.py", line 102, in fatal

raise BBHandledException()

bb.BBHandledException

No append is not showing.

But if i add contain of my .bbappend that is

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}-${PV}:"

SRC_URI += "file://0001-Test1.patch"

in sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-imx_3.14.28.bb i can able to successfully patch kernel.

And the other method is that after modifying the source file i executed following command

bitbake linux-imx -c compile -f

bitbake linux-imx -c deploy

and pasted modified .ko module in rootfs partition of my sdcard. This works for testing purpose.

But i want to do that step using patching.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ritesh Panchal,

I'm glad you made it work with a workaround.

The problem seems weird since your layer is being parsed. I believe the problem might be that the linux-imx_3.14.28.bb recipe moved away from the regular naming convention of using dashes trough the name and is using an underscore now.

So you usually did had the linux-imx-3.14.28.bbappend format but now the recipe seems to be named linux-imx_3.14.28.bb, causing a mismatch if you stick to the regular naming convention.

linux-imx-3.14.28.bbappend

linux-imx_3.14.28.bb

0 Kudos