cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 bluetooth with headset_head_unit profile

carlosaguero
Contributor II

Hi,

Has anyone recorded bluetooth audio successfully from a headset_head_unit device using an imx6, could you please provide advice?

I am using an imx6 dartboard for bluetooth audio capture with a bluetooth headset device, for some reason it seems that audio is being capture very fast, for example if I record audio for 12 seconds the resulting file is about 4-6 seconds, audio sounds very high pitched due to the fast audio, if I connect my cellphone audio is recorded as expected, that means I record 12 seconds and created file is 12 seconds and pitch is the same as the expected.

I am building software from https://github.com/varigit/variscite-bsp-platform.git rocko release and the bitbake command if for a var-som-mx6 board: MACHINE=var-som-mx6 DISTRO=fslc-framebuffer . setup-environment build_fb and linux is: Linux var-som-mx6 4.9.11-mx6+g8acc1a4 

For doing audio record I use a Gstreamer pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 headset recording (fast audio):

gst-launch-1.0 -v pulsesrc device=bluez_source.50_1A_A5_F5_D1_1E.headset_head_unit ! 'audio/x-raw, format=(string)S16LE, layout=(string)interleaved, rate=(int)8000, channels=(int)1' ! flacenc ! filesink location=rec.flac

gst-launch-1.0 cellphone audio recording (working ok):

gst-launch-1.0 -v pulsesrc device=bluez_source.C0_EE_FB_42_C3_FD.a2dp_source ! 'audio/x-raw, format=(string)S16LE, layout=(string)interleaved, rate=(int)8000, channels=(int)1' ! flacenc ! filesink location=rec.flac

I have configured pulse audio for 8kHz and one channel at: /etc/pulse/ files. But even after that, when connecting a device with headset_head_unit profile audio is not being provided as expected, is hint and/or tip is highly appreciated

Regards,

Carlos A.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Is the clock source properly selected for this device driver?  you may check the driver setting first.

It is better to ask  Variscite Customer Portal for their board and bsp support.

0 Kudos