Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8 M4 Load image

juanigevo
Contributor I

Good morning,

My company bougth the following setup:

Toradex employee suggested that I should use MCUXpresso SDK and use the SDK "MIMX8QM6xxxFF"   (I used the GCC ARM Embedded toolchain)for the projects I do with this module. The problem is that although I'm able to compile the "hello world" project with the scripts provided by the SDK and then I followed the guide (https://developer.toradex.com/software/freertos/developing-m4-applications-using-visual-studio-code) step by step to run the project and I observe no result at all.

I checked connections, jumpers, if the bin file was on the SD card from U-boot, everything, and I saw nothing on my console connected through the RS232-USB cable.

I was able to load the bin image like you said, but again, nothing happened. I tried for both cores (0 and 1) with its correspondent connections and still nothing.

I’m really puzzled here, because I’ve been almost two weeks trying to make a simple “hello world” to work on my module and I’m not able to do it and the guides that are available on Toradex's and NPX's pages seem not to be as helpful as I desire, so I really need help on this.

Could it be that this module is not supported by the MCUXpresso SDK? Because when I download the SDK for "MIMX8QM6xxxFF" the only board that shows is the “mekmimx8qm” model so could it be that the example I run, is not designed for my module/board?

I really don’t know what to think because I tried a lot of stuff and nothing seem to work, and it’s really annoying and frustrating.

Maybe if you have a video tutorial or guide with step by step programming and loading an example on my actual module and board would help me on that.

I've already contacted Toradex and I have had no response from them, maybe you do.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Juan

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

This device (i.MX8QP) is a derivative from the i.MX8QM so you may try with the MIMX8QM6xxxFF package for this board.

Also, I think this may be a better guide for what you're trying to do, please take a look:
https://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/freertos-on-the-cortex-m4-of-a-apalis-imx8#tab-example-...

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos