iMX6Q + Sabre Board: Need help with booting the example found in the SDK package

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6Q + Sabre Board: Need help with booting the example found in the SDK package

Jump to solution
yuni1988
Contributor I

I compiled the smp_primes example (found in the SDK package) as it was written in the README.pdf, and succesfully got the elf file. Package is attached.

Now I'm trying to download the file and run the app. I did the initialisation (init script for i.MX6Q DDR3). I'm trying to download it via JTAG.

It looks like download is successful, but when I run it, it immediately falls to undefined address hook and loops somewhere in ROM.

The linker file specified the app to be in DDR and OCRAM:

OCRAM (rwx) : ORIGIN = 0x00900000, LENGTH = 256K

DDR (rwx) : ORIGIN = 0x10000000, LENGTH = 1024M

but the app never gets there. I tried accessing the locations manually and it looks like the initialization was OK, because it lets me change values.  I'm thinking I didn't set the boot switches correctly, but I can't make it out from the documentation how I should set them for this. I went with trial and error, but no luck.

Anyone has any ideas?

Original Attachment has been moved to: samples.tgz

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
maheshmahadeva1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Good to know you were able to find the issue. I was able to download the SDK package from our website and compile and run using JTAG. Attached is the Lauterbach script I used to download the elf file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
maheshmahadeva1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Where did you download the SDK and sample code from, could you send me the link to confirm.

Best regards,

-Mahesh

0 Kudos
yuni1988
Contributor I

I don't really know where they are from, I found it among my files :smileyhappy:

I discovered the issue in the meantime, though. Processor was in thumb mode when I reset it, and the code I was running was in arm mode (exception vector table).

I changed the ini file to switch to arm mode before program execution and it worked then.

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Yuni, Mahesh's answer helps you? If yes, please click Correct Answer.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos
maheshmahadeva1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Good to know you were able to find the issue. I was able to download the SDK package from our website and compile and run using JTAG. Attached is the Lauterbach script I used to download the elf file.

0 Kudos