cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX53 NAND Boot DBBT format query

bdp42
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm having problems booting an iMX53 based platform from NAND. I'm using kobs-ng to set up the FCB and DBBT structures in NAND as required. The platform is not booting and it seems to be failing very early in the bootup process because it reverts to the USB serial loader.

I''ve been looking at the FCB and DBBT areas in NAND to see if there are any obvious problems and I have a question about the DBBT format.

The iMX53 reference manual (Section 7.5.2.2) describes the format of the DBBT in NAND. The number of entries is at byte index 4*pageSize+0x00004. Page size in NAND is 2048 so this entry should be at 0x2004 offset from the start of the table (at least this is my understanding). However kobs-ng (I am using version 1.2) only seems to write 1 page when setting up the DBBT and so the number of entries is never updated and is the erase value of  0xFF.

This seems incorrect. Is my understanding of this right or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Bruno

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Can you share the kobs-ng output and if possible a nand dump?

Here you can find a guide that may help

https://www.google.com.mx/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCoQFjAB&url=...

Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos