iMX DDR Stress Tool source code

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX DDR Stress Tool source code

gcarlson
Contributor II

My customer is accidentally overclocking their iMX6 system LPDDR2. it oddly functions up 30-75MHz over what we're already clocking at.  The stress tester is able to change the DDR clock frequencies and by doing that, he can qualify where different parts eventually fail at.

Customer wishes to change nothing in his design.  He is trying to figure out how to run the LPDDR2 clock at 333MHz instead of 400MHz, and cannot figure out how to do that.  He is looking for the DDR Stress Tool source code as a template as it's apparently able to change the frequencies in 13MHz steps..  I guess simply providing the source to the piece of the stress tester that changes the MMDC clocks is all we need to use as a template

Essentially we need to figure out how to change to make the MMDC output to 333MHz clocking (or close to that) without drastically slowing down the rest of the imx.  We do not use the VPU, GPU...etc, just the core and EIM.  We'd prefer to not reduce EIM speed if that's possible.  Everything seems to be cross dependent on clocks.

Gordy Carlson

Avnet FAE

Upstate NY

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

DDR Stress Test sources are not provided. You may use  Linux codes,

supporting CPUFREQ feature and Dynamic Bus Frequency driver.

Please refer to i.MX Linux® Reference Manual for more details.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos