i.mx53 QSB linux

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx53 QSB linux

dhlii
Contributor I

I have a 2.6.38.5 Linux kernel source that seems to have decent i.mx53 support, but I can not find anything newer. While I can get the QSB to boot with the latest linux kernel from kernel.org, I can not get features like the video working. Where would the leading edge i.mx53 linux code be - prefereably a git repository in the tree feeding the kernel.org source. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

dhlii
Contributor I

Why the OEM's seem intent on re-inventing the wheel I will never understand. It took Xilinx several years to figure out how to fit into the linux development community.

I had hoped for better from Freescale.

Freescale offers myriads of wonderful linux resources, but too many solve problems that have already been solved, or fit in poorly into Linux community.

I am developing for different hardware all the time. If I have to not only learn the unique hardware capabilities of an OEM's platform, but also their own particular means of building and creating linux and applications, this is abysmally inefficient. 

When I start a new board, I want to pull u-boot (or apex, or barebox, or, ..) from its primary source, a kernel from kernel.org, and choose the tool to build toolcthains and rootfs's of my choice.

Fit into the normal scheme and the knowledge and tools of the remainder of the linux community work to help you.

Even imxcommunity.org - sure it is prettier than the traditional linux mailinglists, but I really do not need another board with an entirely different way of doing everything. 

0 Kudos

sidebranch
Contributor II

Yes, the answer would be the Holy Grail for all of us. Freescale Crusader Team, where are you? :)

The closest that goes to upstream iMX53 is this (at least what I could find):

https://launchpad.net/linaro-landing-team-freescale

But note the two immenent bugs:

Regards,

Leon.

0 Kudos