Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8QXP internal ring oscillator

Jump to solution
mamorukanou
Contributor IV

Hello, community

i.MX8QXP Reference Manual chapter 8.1 says:

This chapter describes the clocking for all the subsystems in the chip. The chip has three clock sources, two of them originate from external crystals and the third is generated internally by a ring oscillator. The two external crystal oscillators generate 24MHz and 32KHz, and the ring oscillator generates 200MHz. The 32KHz clock can be also sourced from an internal Ring Oscillator, but the frequency will be inaccurate ( +/- 20%) in this case.
The Ring Oscillator which can generate 200 MHz will be switched off after the initial start up and the 24MHz External Oscillator will take over for the remainder.

I have questions about this 200MHz clock.

Q1) This PLL is not written in the clock tree figure or table of the manual ?

Q2) Is this a provisional PLL until the DIG_PLL0 stabilizes after the power is turned on ?

(During normal operation, this 200 MHz ring oscillator is not running.)

Best Regareds,

kanou

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kanou

>Q1) This PLL is not written in the clock tree figure or table of the manual ?

right. Regarding its support please refer to below part of datasheet

pastedImage_1.jpg

>Q2) Is this a provisional PLL until the DIG_PLL0 stabilizes after the power is turned on ?

yes.

>During normal operation, this 200 MHz ring oscillator is not running.

right.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kanou

>Q1) This PLL is not written in the clock tree figure or table of the manual ?

right. Regarding its support please refer to below part of datasheet

pastedImage_1.jpg

>Q2) Is this a provisional PLL until the DIG_PLL0 stabilizes after the power is turned on ?

yes.

>During normal operation, this 200 MHz ring oscillator is not running.

right.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
mamorukanou
Contributor IV

Hi, Igor,

Thanks for your quick response.

I understood.

BR,

kanou

0 Kudos