Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8M DRAM Controller Data width

Jump to solution
dixit_jz
Contributor I

Hi,

I have learned from the datasheet of i.MX8M that the data width supported by the DRAM controller of the processor is only x16 and x32. Whereas, I can understand from the pinout that there are four pairs of data strobes and four data masks available. Can I make use of these signals to connect four numbers of  x8 memory ICs.

Or are these only meant for Quad die, Dual channel package devices like the one used in the EVK.

Regards,

Dixit

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dixit

>Can I make use of these signals to connect four numbers of  x8 memory ICs

yes this is possible.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dixit

>Can I make use of these signals to connect four numbers of  x8 memory ICs

yes this is possible.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos