cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7Dual ENET cache synchronization?

Jump to solution
sebastianhuber
Contributor II

Do I have to perform explicit cache synchronization on the i.MX7Dual, e.g. flush transmit buffers and invalidate receive buffers? One of the new features for Cortex-A7 based systems is hardware based cache synchronization for the L2 cache, e.g. AMBA AXI Coherency Extension (ACE). Is this extension present on the i.MX7Dual? I found little documentation to the L2 cache in the user manual.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sebastian

for specific features which are implemented in i.MX7D please look at Chapter 4

ARM Platform and Debug i.MX7D Reference Manual, look for features for Cortex-A7, cache.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX7DRM.pdf

I am afraid this is not implemented in i.MX7.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sebastianhuber
Contributor II

It would be nice to mention this lacking feature somewhere in the documentation. Cache synchronization in hardware is a standard feature of the PowerPC based communication processors from Freescale/NXP. I am a bit surprised that we have to perform explicit cache synchronization on this platform.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sebastian

for specific features which are implemented in i.MX7D please look at Chapter 4

ARM Platform and Debug i.MX7D Reference Manual, look for features for Cortex-A7, cache.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX7DRM.pdf

I am afraid this is not implemented in i.MX7.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos