Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7 Sabre HSIC interface

Jump to solution
agorod
Contributor I

Hello,

We are working with i.MX7 Sabre evaluation board kernel version 4.9.88 (based on Yocto core-image-base) connected to MicroChip LAN7930-EVB evaluation board by HSIC interface. We do not see activity on HSIC signals: both DATA and STROBE are low. We would appreciate instructions to activate HSIC interface. Do we need to upgrade DTS, compile drivers to kernel? Should HSIC be enabled in uboot and how?

Thank you very much.

Anton.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anton

one can look at attached general example for i.MX7ULP and

i.MX7D USB HSIC Hub (USB3503) enumeration variability 

In general i.MX7D Sabre board was not tested with HSIC and may not work as

HSIC timings are quite strict, defined in sect.4.10.15 USB HSIC timing

i.MX 7Dual Family of Applications Processors Datasheet

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anton

one can look at attached general example for i.MX7ULP and

i.MX7D USB HSIC Hub (USB3503) enumeration variability 

In general i.MX7D Sabre board was not tested with HSIC and may not work as

HSIC timings are quite strict, defined in sect.4.10.15 USB HSIC timing

i.MX 7Dual Family of Applications Processors Datasheet

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

agorod
Contributor I

Hello Igor,

Thank you for your answer. The files you sent me are for i.MX7ULP processors. Are they suitable for i.MX7Dual too?

Th HSIC are routed very carefully in both evaluation boards and we are attaching them using dedicated short coaxial cable of equal length. Our problem that we see no activity on these lines and thus assume they have not been enabled in kernel.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Anton.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anton

I am not aware of HSIC software settings for i.MX7D, in general

one can proceed with help NXP Professional Services | NXP 

for developing them.

Best regards