cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6ULL eMMC booting issue

ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor I

Hi,

We are using i.MX6ULL processor in our customized board. We are mapping SD card interface to usdhc1 and eMMC interface to usdhc2. While we are powering up the board and the boot mode switches are to boot from internal boot and SD card the board is booting up but when we make the boot mode switches to boot from internal boot mode and eMMC the board is booting only when it is detecting SD card in uSD slot. So is this expected behavior?

The next query is that in SD card boot mode the reset and reboot is working fine but while in eMMC boot mode the reset and reboot is working fine only when we make the WDOG_ANY to toggle whenever we give the reset and reboot commands. So how to overcome this?

The final query is that in serial download mode whenever there is SD card when powering up the board the board is getting booted up according to the boot mode switches and it is not waiting for the serial download mode. So to flash the SD card using UUU tool we have to insert the SD card only after powering up the board. Is this also expected behavior?

Thanks,

Ranjith

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranjith

issues may be caused by "manufacture mode" described in

sect.8.12 SD/MMC manufacture mode i.MX 6ULL Applications Processor Reference Manual

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

ranjithkumar_kv
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

We had referred the section which you had told us but we are not able to find how to blow the DISABLE_SDMMC_MFG fuse bit, so please help us in how to blow the fuse.

Thanks,

Ranjith

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ranjith

one can look at

Q&A: How to program i.MX6 eFUSE? 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos