cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6ULL EVK NAND Guide ?

carotte
Contributor III

Hi,

I am currently using the official EVK to evaluate the imx6ull. I decided to use NAND Flash instead of the SD card to better represent the configuration of our planned product.

Unfortunately, I didn't get very far.

First of all, there are two passive components under the NAND Flash chip. One was just a bypass capacitor for the eMMC on the top, but the other one (R324) is a 0 Ohm series resistor in the NAND_DATA0 line. 

Needless to say that the placement under the NAND chip seems counterintuitive.

I did manage to bodge the chip over the resistor, I hope this is how it was intended.

I used the NAND chip that is suggested in the EVK schematic, so I don't believe any more hardware changes (despite the switches) is needed.

Unfortunately, I don't know what to do from hereon.

There is no precise and up-to-date information on what changes to make to the yocto configuration.

The information on the use of the MFGtool is also confusing since all existing documentation is based on the old MFGtool while there is no mention on NAND for the UUU tool.

It would be highly appreciated if you could outline the entire process of switching the eval-board memory to NAND flash using the current tools and current BSP. 

Thanks !

0 Kudos
3 Replies

carotte
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

thanks for your reply.

I checked out the link. I don't know if its me or if the paths have changed in the newer yocto project, but I can't find the "u-boot-imx" directory or the "mx6ull_14x14_evk.h" file for that matter.

Same for the "kernel/arch/arm/boot/dts/" directory.

It would be nice if you could explain. Thanks !

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee