I'm trying to get started with OpenCL on i.MX6. I've seen a number of guides for getting started with SabreSD and Linux, most of them from 2013/14. Every single time I try to go through one of them, I run into troubles. How to install the BSP, how to get images, recompile the kernel, get drivers, ...
What I would like is a 2016-day step by step guide to getting a Linux OS (preferably Debian but Ubuntu is fine) with working OpenCL.
1. what do I need, beside my SabreSD with SD-card and micro-USB serial?
2. is there an available image for the board, with the GPU drivers and opencl libs ready to go?
3. if not, what do I need to make one? Given a distribution, do I need to get the GPU drivers? Where? Is that what etnaviv is? How do I install them, do I need to rebuild the kernel? Can I start with whichever kernel version, or should I start with a specific version?
4. I've found this, but I don't know what to do with it: L4.1.15-1.0.0-ga_images_MX6QDLSOLO
5. once I have the drivers, how do I access them with opencl? There are a number of interesting packages I found: ocl_icd_opencl_dev, libclc-dev, ocl-icd-dev, mesa-opencl-icd (this one made clinfo give **some** info, but Number of devices: 0), libdrm-etnaviv0, libdrm-etnaviv1, ... I'm not sure what all of these do, and which I should choose if any of them.
As you see, I am in the dark, it feels like there are a number of tracks to follow, but they look like old tracks and every time I start following one, I get lost.
My wish is to find a guide that tells me where to get an image, how to modify it if necessary, to let me run clinfo and see my devices.