[i.MX6] SDMA Real-Time Debug Outputs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[i.MX6] SDMA Real-Time Debug Outputs

ceggers
Contributor V

The SDMA documentation of all i.MX6 controllers mention the existence of a number of Real-Time Debug Outputs:

• debug_core_state[3:0]
  • debug_yield
  • debug_core_run
  • debug_event_channel_sel
  • debug_event_channel[5:0]
  • debug_pc[13:0]
  • debug_mode
  • debug_bus_error
  • debug_bus_device[4:0]
  • debug_bus_rwb

Looking for these signals on the web, Google founds the following page:

Customized NXP Imx6 Manufacturers and Suppliers - Factory Direct Wholesale - MYZR Technology 

According to the table on this page, most (but not all) of the SDMA Real-Time Debug Outputs should be available via ALT4 on CSI0_*, DISP0_* on the initial i.MX6 derivates (Solo, Dual. Quad).

In the reference manuals and in i.MX Pins Tool there is no information about SDMA Real-Time Debug Output on ALT4 of these pins.

Question: On which i.MX6 derivate are the Real-Time Debug Outputs routed to the external pins? On which SOM/SBC can I access these signals via 0.1" pin headers?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christian

unfortunately nxp does not support this functionality (no documentation or

usage guidelines are available). Customers can use extended support with

Professional Services for developing and debugging custom sdma scripts.

NXP Professional Services | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ceggers
Contributor V

Hi Igor,

thanks for offering professional services, but I think I'll try it myself. I think that all required documentation is in the reference manual, only the pinout for SDMA is missing. I would appreciate if NXP would fully document the IOMUXC settings for its processors. For i.MX5 this is documented, please do also so for i.MX6.

Best regards

Christian

0 Kudos