cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 - SATA hotplug support in Linux3.14.28

Ansari
Contributor IV

Hi,

We are using imx6Q custom platform (which is based on sabresd platform) for our development with Linux 3.14.28_1.0.0-GA BSP.

We have referred imx sata controller driver(~/linux-imx/drivers/ata/ahci_imx.c).

With below code, we believe that the imx6 SATA controller supports hot-plug but we couldn't see the same in release note.

static int ahci_imx_hotplug;

module_param_named(hotplug, ahci_imx_hotplug, int, 0644);

MODULE_PARM_DESC(hotplug, "AHCI IMX hot-plug support (0=Don't support, 1=support)");

Please let us know, the SATA hot-plug supported in this release?  So that we can use in our custom platform.

Regards,

Ansari

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Abdul

you are right : imx6 SATA controller supports hot-plug and i.mx53 loco

linux bsp already supported it. I believe linux 3.14.28 also supports it, though

I have not documentation to confirm. Since you are already posted this question as

SR-1-994861571, suggest to follow on that quiery, probably one can post on meta-fsl-arm mailing list

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos