Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX535 Custom Platform - Code Hang

Jump to solution
SrideviK
Contributor III

Hi,

I have our custom design based on i.MX535 SMD design with 512MB LPDDR2-S4 & 4GB eMMC Flash. The reference BSP details  taken for customization is given below.

Reference BSP

Patches taken from R10.4 Freescale Release

Uboot 2009.08

Android 2.3.7 Sabre Tablet BSP (Linux Kernel 2.6.35)

Have made the bootstraps for Micro-SD booting & have the Micro-SD card with all the images in the respective partitions.

One of the hardware is functioning ok with the Micro-SD booting and the BSP loading & execution is all fine in this hardware.

But in the second hardware platform, with the same set of images in Micro-SD, only the U-boot booting & execution is ok all the time. Kernel loading is always ok.

The following inconsistency exists in terms of the observations / results as follows:

1.  But code execution hangs most of the time showing "Starting kernel...".

2. Sometimes, even the kernel execution is initiated but code hangs showing kernel panic at different points.

3. Tried TFTP in U-boot to isolate the Micro-SD dependency. The code loading happens. But code execution hangs.

The above observation or code hang does not happen at any specific point to help backtracing. It is very random.

Note:

But the second hardware platform is tested ok for the following:

(a) Micro-SD booting. Uboot booting is always fine.

(b) Micro-SD card access (Read/write via U-boot)

(c) DDR Stress Test upto 333MHz DDR frequency (for which the hardware configuration is made)

Pls advice how to address this issue.

Looking forward for your earliest support.

Regards,

Sridevi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
SrideviK
Contributor III

Update: This issue is resolved now. The issue was with respect to the DDR calibraion.

The DDR relevant read & write delay lines were tuned to get the stress test working till 400MHz in our hardware platform.

After this update no code hang occurs.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SrideviK
Contributor III

Update: This issue is resolved now. The issue was with respect to the DDR calibraion.

The DDR relevant read & write delay lines were tuned to get the stress test working till 400MHz in our hardware platform.

After this update no code hang occurs.

Thanks.

0 Kudos