Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX53 QSB Ubuntu customisation, VPU problem

Jump to solution
t_herbrecher
Contributor II

Hello together,

we created a custom board with the i.MX537 for industrial applications. For test purposes we wanted to use the Ubuntu 10.04 Rootfilesystem to play a video via HDMI. The 1080p output via HDMI works perfect but when we want to play a video (the Sintel-Trailer.mp4 for example) causes an fatal error in the totem player, the gpu-sdk gui-example shows the videos as fat coloured stripes. Both explained test cases work on the QSB. We used the imx-2.6.35_11.09 tag of the freescale-git (uboot and kernel) plus the patches from the freescale download page for customization.

Now I have some questions.

1. Is there a difference between the i.MX535 processor used on the QSB and the i.MX537 on our board that could cause the described errors?

2. When we load the described compiled kernel scources (git-tag plus patches) to the QSB and start to play a video on Ubuntu the IPU crashes with IPU_STATE5 and IPU_STATE10 error messages. Where is the difference of the kernel we compiled and the kernel used on the SD-card which is shipped with the QSB and the Ubuntu on it? Is the kernel source for the Ubuntu on the SD-card available out there or does anyone have the kernel-config used for this kernel?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards,

Timo

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
4 Replies
t_herbrecher
Contributor II

I took the kernel which was tagged as Release in the git (691c08adeed64d5153937a0e31aaf4c251924471) and applied the patches from the download section of the freescale website.

Thank you for the hint with the new patch I'll update my kernel to the latest revision and will give it a try.

Timo

0 Kudos
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please, let us know the result.

0 Kudos
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
koobla
Contributor I

Hi Timo,

I can help a little at least for 2.: zcat /proc/config.gz (by default, the built kernels provide the config used)

Simon

0 Kudos