Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

git clone error from git.freescale.com

Jump to solution
jonathanwebster
Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm trying to pull the baseline code for the sabresd board from the git.freescale.com server as described in the "i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide". The connection to the server times out if I use repo init or git clone. Is there an issue with the server or am I doing something wrong?

USING REPO INIT:

repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-4.1-krogoth
Get https://gerrit.googlesource.com/git-repo/clone.bundle
Get https://gerrit.googlesource.com/git-repo
Get git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git
fatal: unable to connect to git.freescale.com:
git.freescale.com[0: 192.88.156.202]: errno=Connection timed out
USING GIT CLONE:
git clone git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git
Cloning into 'fsl-arm-yocto-bsp'...
fatal: unable to connect to git.freescale.com:
git.freescale.com[0: 192.88.156.202]: errno=Connection timed out
I've verified my git installation and network by cloning from the yocto project:
git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky
Cloning into 'poky'...
remote: Counting objects: 361782, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (87100/87100), done.
remote: Total 361782 (delta 268619), reused 361439 (delta 268277)
Receiving objects: 100% (361782/361782), 131.94 MiB | 4.19 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (268619/268619), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
Any ideas??
Thanks
Jonathan
Repost in correct 'place'
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, we are working internally to get this resolved.   The GIT managers are aware of the issue and we are working to find the root cause and solution.  In the meantime, you can navigate to the GIT website in web browser and download packages from there.   We hope to have it resolved soon.

Best regards,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeremyprater
Contributor II

I'm hoping it's down for maintenance and will be back up soon. We depend on this server for our build and it currently is failing because we can not fetch kernel sources.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, we are working internally to get this resolved.   The GIT managers are aware of the issue and we are working to find the root cause and solution.  In the meantime, you can navigate to the GIT website in web browser and download packages from there.   We hope to have it resolved soon.

Best regards,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
jonathanwebster
Contributor II

This works for me now.

repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-4.1-krogoth

Thanks

0 Kudos
lakehu
Contributor II

I am wondering if NXP/Freescale has stopped to maintain this git server... As I have searched in this BBS, several failure cases happen in the past a few weeks.

0 Kudos
jonathanwebster
Contributor II

I cannot see any announcements to suggest that is the case. At the moment I'm assuming the site is down for some reason and they are working on fixing it. It is my understanding the site is the official site for releases, although the community page then takes the release further.

0 Kudos