Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting started with i.mx 28 - SDK install

Jump to solution
pizzatime
Contributor II

I have a virtual machine running Ubuntu 10.04

other then that no software is installed

I am having difficulty understanding what i need to compile and build images onto an sd card , support is slow I am hoping to get some help with this.

Thank you in advance for replying.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You'll need Linux BSP release (L2.6.35_MX28_SDK_10.12_SOURCE under Board Support Packages) from:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX287&nodeId=018rH3ZrDRA24A&fpsp=1&...

You'll also need Linux BSP documentation (IMX28_EVK10_12_LINUXDOCS_BUNDLE ) package from:

i.MX287 Product Summary Page

With that, unpack documentation bundle and look at Linux Board Support Package User's Guide (i.MX28_Linux_BSP_UG.pdf). Starting at Chapter 2 there's step-by-step instructions on how to build the Linux BSP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
pizzatime
Contributor II

I gave up and switched to the i.mx 53 VM bundle

0 Kudos
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You'll need Linux BSP release (L2.6.35_MX28_SDK_10.12_SOURCE under Board Support Packages) from:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX287&nodeId=018rH3ZrDRA24A&fpsp=1&...

You'll also need Linux BSP documentation (IMX28_EVK10_12_LINUXDOCS_BUNDLE ) package from:

i.MX287 Product Summary Page

With that, unpack documentation bundle and look at Linux Board Support Package User's Guide (i.MX28_Linux_BSP_UG.pdf). Starting at Chapter 2 there's step-by-step instructions on how to build the Linux BSP.

0 Kudos
pizzatime
Contributor II

hey cool, thanks for the fast response, trying it out now

0 Kudos
pizzatime
Contributor II

is there a GUI coding interface at the end of this 5+ hour install ?

0 Kudos
VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, this deals with building and flashing Linux BSP. 

LTIB will generate target root file system in <ltib_install_dir>/rootfs . Toolchain is in /opt/....

For GUI-based coding, there's manuals on the web on how to set up Eclipse to do cross-compiling.

0 Kudos