forcing a first time boot on Android for the iMX51 EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forcing a first time boot on Android for the iMX51 EVK

RafaelG_Lopez
Contributor I
Can anyone help me figure out how to force an iMX51 EVK to do a first time boot on Android R8?

I need to do touch screen calibration again.

Thank you.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jackrun2000
Contributor I
My andorid-r8 worked normally. I guess there is something wrong in your compilation. If you want to use android-r8, you must use linux kernel-2.6.31 and compile it with Freescal compiler. I used kernel-2.6.28 for android-r8 and got the same error like you met. Rafael G. Lopez said:
Jack:

Thank you. It works.
I also received this tip from the technical contact at Freescale.
However, after removing the calibration file, it did go through touch screen calibration, but then something else got wrecked, since Android would get stuck during loading, and it did not get to the main screen.

I had to erase the SD card and do a clean installation, which did go through touchscreen calibration.

I guess these are the growing pains of working with the iMX51 for the first time, along with Android, and the touchscreen feature. Too many new things at the same time.

Rafael Lopez

jack kang said:
First you must move out the file: /data/system/calibration, then add calibration in your start env, the calibration cross will be appeared on your touch screen.
0 Kudos

RafaelG_Lopez
Contributor I
Jack: Thank you. It works. I also received this tip from the technical contact at Freescale. However, after removing the calibration file, it did go through touch screen calibration, but then something else got wrecked, since Android would get stuck during loading, and it did not get to the main screen. I had to erase the SD card and do a clean installation, which did go through touchscreen calibration. I guess these are the growing pains of working with the iMX51 for the first time, along with Android, and the touchscreen feature. Too many new things at the same time. Rafael Lopez jack kang said:
First you must move out the file: /data/system/calibration, then add calibration in your start env, the calibration cross will be appeared on your touch screen.
0 Kudos

Jackrun2000
Contributor I
0 Kudos