cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does any tool like mfgtools can run on linux host

Jump to solution
caibai
Contributor III

hi,i just install linux OS on my computer and lazy to install windows,does any tool can down load image to my i.MX6UL board on linux?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In our website only the mfgtool supplied for downlaodiing the images to the board. So sorry. So you need to copy your images to windows then download images to your board and then boot. Or you can only download the uboot image to your board and then boot up kernel and rootfs from NFS, hope this can help you.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
andrewdyer
Contributor III

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-94117 

might help you.  It doesn't have all the stuff that mfgtool does.  It pretty much executes DCD files to set up registers and loads binaries, no gui, no xml config files (yay!).

0 Kudos
caibai
Contributor III

that is what i want,thank you very much.

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In our website only the mfgtool supplied for downlaodiing the images to the board. So sorry. So you need to copy your images to windows then download images to your board and then boot. Or you can only download the uboot image to your board and then boot up kernel and rootfs from NFS, hope this can help you.
Have a great day,
Rita

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
caibai
Contributor III

OK,thank you for reply。

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It's my pleasure. If you have new questions you can create new threads in our community.

Have a nice day

Rita

0 Kudos