cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

destroyed files in /usr/lib

matthiasalbrech
Contributor III

Hi,

i have a i.mx6 system with yocto fido (its not possible to update yocto) and Qt-application. Sometimes it occurs that the system boots but the screen is black after boot. During boot there are no errors (for example, serial and ssh connection work normally). Reboot doesn't help.

I found out that X11 doesn't work and that in /usr/lib some files are destroyed. After copying the /usr/lib files from a working system everything works fine again.

I am very confused why that files are destroyed. I assumed that there is an error with the sd-card, but why always exactly the same files are the problem? What can cause a change of that files?

the files in /usr/lib are:

libX11.so.6.3.0

libXdamage.so.1.1.0

libXdmcp.so.6.0.0

libffi.so.6.0.4

libfreetype.so.6.11.3

libpixman-1.so.0.32.6

libxcb-present.so.0.0.0

libxcb-res.so.0.0.0

Any idea would be very helpful! thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

matthiasalbrech
Contributor III

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

yes, its exactly that behavior. The system works perfectly and after some boots the files are damaged. But the files are never missing, just changed. The problem occured with two different sd-cards.

The flashing tool to load the rootfs on the sd was developed by my forerunner so actually I am not so familiar with that tool. But as I can see it doesn't use the .sdcard file, it works with the linux dd command. I don't think that it is the cause of the problem because why it works for some time and than after some boots the files are damaged?

As I know there should be nothing inside the normal,standard yocto which is aible to change the files in /usr/lib. I am right? Any suggestions how I can find out which changes the files? Or how to search for the failure?

thanks a lot,

Matthias

0 Kudos

matthiasalbrech
Contributor III

sorry, I wrote something wrong: The files I mentioned you can find in /usr/lib/.debug. In the whole folder there are damaged files. If you replace the whole folder /usr/lib the system works again, what files exactly cause the problem I am not sure because there are a lot of files which differ from the working system.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Matthias Albrecht,

It is odd that those files are being damaged. The SD card boots correctly and after some reboots the file appear to be damaged or missing? Have you tried with different SD cards? Also, how are you loading the rootfs on the SD? Are you using the .sdcard file?

Regards,

0 Kudos