cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing the frame buffer data

bikash
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using a imx6sl base custom board. The data line in LCD we are using  are not in order as it should be d0-d23. The data lines are swapped in the lcd panel like d0-d13, d1-d7, d2-d10..... which results colour distortion in image in lcd. We are able to show the actual image in lcd by rearranging the bits of a pixel of the image. I have applied this logic in fb_write function and it works fine if we are writing to frame buffer using write(). But in case of QT application, it is not passing through fb_write and we are getting distorted image in   LCD. Can someone tell that which is the ideal place to put my bit rearrange logic so that we can see the image in LCD without colour distortion ?? It's very urgent. Please tell the place just before it is written to LCD. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies

bikash
Contributor II

Hi, Can someone give some hint on the above problem?

0 Kudos

kennyzhang
Contributor I

Hi all,

I also want to know how to operate the frame buffer like reading or writing after all other apps finished such operation to frame buffer, just before the frame buffer data are shown to display device finally.

Thanks!

Kenny

0 Kudos

bikash
Contributor II

Hi,

I went through the lcdif.c file, it seems like all operation done here is lcd initialization only which happens only at boot time once. Non of the function in this file come to picture at run time like fb_write() in fbmrm.c . I think we have to find a function in frame buffer driver which is executed for each frame and we have to rearrange the bits at that place.

0 Kudos

bikash
Contributor II

Hi,

Can you please share the link of Linux Manual.

Thanks

Bikash

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI bikash

I am afraid i.MX6SL eLCDIF module does not support bit remapping in

hardware, if you are using FSL BSP, for proper place for software remapping

it may be useful to look at attached Linux Manual Chapter 12 ELCDIF Frame Buffer Driver

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos