cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DualLite SATA_VP and SATA_VPH

inderjitbains
Contributor I

Section 4.1 of AN4397, last paragraph:

"The fourth difference is about SATA_VP (G13) and SATA_VPH (G12). In i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6Dual, SATA_VP and SATA_VPH are recommended to be grounded, if not in use. In i.MX 6DualLite and i.MX 6Solo, no SATA function is available and all these pins are recommended to be NC."

If G12 and G13 are NC on the DualLite, can they be powered, i.e. no need for a selection resistor when using the DualLite vs. Quad?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Please follow recommendation of Table 2-14 (Miscellaneous recommendations)
of the “Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6 …”

“NC contacts are no connect and should be floated. […] Depending on the feature set,
some versions of the IC may have NC contacts connected inside the BGA.”

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

inderjitbains
Contributor I

Is it possible to check if these particular pins (G12 and G13) have connections for the DualLite?

For VDD_CACHE_CAP (N12), section 4.1 of AN4397:

"The third difference is about VDD_CACHE_CAP (N12). In i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6Dual, VDD_CACHE_CAP should be connected to VDDSOC_CAP, whereas in i.MX 6DualLite and i.MX 6Solo, pin N12 can be NC."  The DualLite schematic (MCIMX6DL-SDP) has N12 connected directly to VDD_SOC.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

inderjitbains
Contributor I

The DualLite schematic show R626 and R639 as 0-ohm series resistors for G12 and G13 respectively.  The BOM does not list these resistors and DNP.  Are these resistors populated on the board?

So is it okay to power these pins on the DualLite?  Can you check with the development team if these pins are internally connected, or ever will be internally connected on future revisions on the DualLite?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Basically it is possible to power these pins on the DualLite of current releases,

but it is not guaranteed for future ones. This is why it is is recommended

to follow   the “Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6 …”.

Regards,

Yuri

0 Kudos