cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barebox initramfs config for imxul

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Hello,

I work with a phytec imx6ul platform with barebox bootloader. I would like to configure at boot time a ram partition to boot from it.

I have spend one day yesterday reading different opinions on the internet and unfortunately it is not clear to me what is needed both on kernel config as on barebox config

Is it enough to add a new entry in the env in barebox: env/boot/initrd and there specify the variables(path, cmd) ?

Or I should put the kernel and fs in the archive and point to it in the kernel config(initramfs source path ...)

If anybody has experience with it and could give me a link where to read the correct procedure or some hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mihaita

0 Kudos
6 Replies

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Hi, I still have this issue. I have not solved it. 

0 Kudos

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Could somebody still help me with some info? 

Thanks,

Mihaita 

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you using UDOO board?
We can offer you to use u-boot loader instead of barebox:
https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-328200

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mihaitaivascu
Contributor III

Hi,

No, I am using phytec board and wish to stick to barebox bootloader on it

Best regards,

Mihaita

0 Kudos

SGDev
Contributor I
Hi

Whether you got any solution for your query regarding the initRAMFS boot for iMX6UL?

Best Regards
SHAILESH
0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please look at their site for the downloads:

https://www.phytec.eu/products/nxp/imx-6ulull/

0 Kudos