about imx6d memory DMA test

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about imx6d memory DMA test

sandyzhao
Contributor I

1.I reserve 20MB memory using  linux kernel cmdline "mem=800".

2.I want use sdma to copy the first 10MB to second 10Mb position ,and then to get the used time

3.I use imx-test-3.0.0\module_test\mxc_sdma_mem_test.c,but cant compile it

work_sandy_host/nfs_host/test_memory_dma/test_module/mxc_sdma_mem_test.c : In function 'mxc_printSDMAcontext':

/work_sandy_host/nfs_host/test_memory_dma/test_module/mxc_sdma_mem_test.c :52:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'IO_ADDRESS' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

/work_sandy_host/nfs_host/test_memory_dma/test_module/mxc_sdma_mem_test.c :52:40: error: 'MX6Q_SDMA_BASE_ADDR' undeclared (first use in this function)

/work_sandy_host/nfs_host/test_memory_dma/test_module/mxc_sdma_mem_test.c :52:40: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

/work_sandy_host/nfs_host/test_memory_dma/test_module/mxc_sdma_mem_test.c : In function 'sdma_open':

/work_sandy_host/nfs_host/test_memory_dma/test_module/mxc_sdma_mem_test.c :146:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'mxc_dma_request' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

/work_sandy_host/nfs_host/test_memory_dma/test_module/mxc_sdma_mem_test.c :146:33: error: 'mMXC_DMA_MEMORY' undeclared (first use in this function)

make[1]: Leaving directory `/work_sandy_host/linux_imx6'

4.can you give me some advice?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

are you using the LTIB command to compile it?

1. ./ltib -m prep -p imx-test  (the source code will be extracted in ltib/rpm/BUILD/)

2. ./ltib -m scbuild -p imx-test  (build the source code again when you modified it)

3. ./ltib -m scdeploy -p imx-test  (install the package to rootfs)

jiejia
Contributor III

Hello chan,

I downloaded the L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source, and I found the mxc_sdma_mem_test.c. However, I can't find any defination like mxc_sdma_xxx in the kernel(linux3.0)? Would the ltib build make any sense.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please read the Chapter 3 in i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf for the SDMA API in details.

0 Kudos

jiejia
Contributor III

I had read this chapter. I found that the mxc_sdma_memcopy_test.c  is tested ok. However, when i used the return value of dma_alloc_coherent, the dma_m2m_callback() are not executed.  I want to find a example that can get data from eim memory to internal memory using DMA. Could you give me some advise?

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You may take the test code in SDK for reference. You can download the i.MX 6Series Platform SDK  from here:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX6_SW

there is mem_2_mem test under sdma/test/.

0 Kudos