cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Disconnection Issue During Bluetooth Device Scanning

akash_akash
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm currently using an imx6ull board and have Ubuntu 20.04.6 installed on my PC. I'm attempting to access the board via SSH over Wi-Fi. Initially, I can successfully connect to the board.

However, I encounter an issue when running the "bluetoothctl" command. Specifically, after executing "scan on," the tool scans for nearby Bluetooth devices for the first 3-5 seconds. Following this initial period, there is a brief pause, and subsequently, the Wi-Fi connection disconnects.

both of which use the same 2.4GHz chip and antenna.

I'm seeking assistance in identifying the root cause of this problem and any potential solutions to overcome this issue. Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Akash

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

Could you please share me more about your hardware setup? Such as board used, Wi-Fi module used, software versions, modifications, etc.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

akash_akash
Contributor II

Hello [NXP Team],

I hope this message finds you well. We're currently utilizing the RTC PCF85263A with an iMX6ULL processor, running Linux 5.15 on Yocto 4.0. Additionally, we've integrated the Murata LBEE5HY1MW-518 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module into our system.

One of our clients is facing a peculiar issue. When attempting SSH connection to the board through Wi-Fi (host mode) and initiating a Bluetooth scan using "bluetoothctl" with "scan on," the Wi-Fi connection drops approximately 5 seconds later. Both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth operate in the 2.4GHz frequency range.

Changing the Wi-Fi configuration to 5GHz resolves the disconnection problem, but our client insists on 2.4GHz usage.

We would greatly appreciate your insights and suggestions on resolving this connectivity issue. If there are specific configurations or optimizations that can be applied to ensure stable coexistence of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in the 2.4GHz range, please guide us accordingly.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
Akash

0 Kudos

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello.

Got it, thank you for the information.

Which driver are you using on the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module?

This issue has not been reported on our side with tested modules.

Best regards.

akash_akash
Contributor II

Hello [NXP Team],

For the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi module, we are using the brcmfmac device driver.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Akash

0 Kudos

JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Are you getting log errors when the issue occurs?

I would recommend checking with Murata, since this could be an issue with the module and/or the firmware.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

AkashL_
Contributor I

Hello [NXP Team],

No, we don't get any log errors ,It just disconnect the Wi-Fi from the connected devices but the WiFi is sill on and we can't able to connect the network until we give scan off command.

Thank you for your support and valuable information.

Best regards,
Akash

0 Kudos