Who modified the OTP configuration?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who modified the OTP configuration?

embed_wu
Contributor II

I would like to start from the SPI NorFlash LINUX on IMX28EVK board, but I found I could not start.Now I suspect that the BOOT ROM inside the firmware does not support the SPI Nor.I found the configuration register OTP  HW_OCOTP_ROM0: 0x8002C1A0: 6 DISABLE_SPI_NOR_FAST_READ—Blow to disable SPI NOR fast reads, which are used by default. Some SPI NORs do not support this functionality.

who can give me some advices?

Tags (1)
12 Replies

embed_wu
Contributor II

I'm sure i.MX28EVK28 not support AT45DB321D, I let the WINBOND W25Q80BVSSIG  to replace it.in the same way before, and finally be able to boot the system properly.

0 Kudos

embed_wu
Contributor II

I have written imx28_ivt_linux.sb into the SPI NorFlash. According to i.MX28_Linux_BSP_UG.pdf,323-20120302_095415.jpgimx28_ivt_linux.sb contains several parts such as power_prep boot_prep, linux_prep and zImage. The Debug print information In power_prep and boot_prep , should be displayed by the Debug port before entering the Image. However, I do not have any display information. In other words, BOOT ROM did not boot image from the spi norflash.
Daniele Dall'Acqua said:

Can you be more clear, still problem in loading the kernel or....?

--daniele

embed_wu said:

Who can help me to solve this problem that linux kernel is loaded from spi nor flash by boot rom.

0 Kudos

DanieleDall_Acq
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you be more clear, still problem in loading the kernel or....?

--daniele

embed_wu said:

Who can help me to solve this problem that linux kernel is loaded from spi nor flash by boot rom.

0 Kudos

embed_wu
Contributor II

0 Kudos

embed_wu
Contributor II

I‘m sorry!

My mistakecause you distress.

You are right and I did.

Daniele Dall'Acqua said:

Hi Wu,

According to RM it should be bm3=0 bm2=0 bm=1 bm=0 and not the one you mention

Ciao

--daniele

embed_wu said:

I'm sure that my startup mode is correct.In accordance with the IMX28EVK the instructions,I chose SSP2 (0 - BM2 0 - BM2 1 - BM1 0 - BM0) to start linux, but not any output on the DEBUG serial port. I mounted a SPI NorFlash model of AT45DB321D.When  linux starting from NandFlash,the SPI NorFlash can be detected normally, and can be read or write.So I writen imx28_ivt_linux.sb into SPI NorFlash,but nothing happend!
Daniele Dall'Acqua said:

HI Wu,

Double check the HOLD pin of the SPI FLASH is correct at boot. If you've followed MX28EVK, that pin is LOW at boot, At this will prevent some SPI FLASH to accessible at boot. Then when kernel is loaded the IOMUXING is properly configured and the device can be accessed normally. Solution is adding a pull up on the line.

Take alook here http://imxcommunity.org/group/spansion, in the thread there is a nice clear explanation of the HW mod required.

Ciao

--daniele

0 Kudos

DanieleDall_Acq
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wu,

According to RM it should be bm3=0 bm2=0 bm=1 bm=0 and not the one you mention

Ciao

--daniele

embed_wu said:

I'm sure that my startup mode is correct.In accordance with the IMX28EVK the instructions,I chose SSP2 (0 - BM2 0 - BM2 1 - BM1 0 - BM0) to start linux, but not any output on the DEBUG serial port. I mounted a SPI NorFlash model of AT45DB321D.When  linux starting from NandFlash,the SPI NorFlash can be detected normally, and can be read or write.So I writen imx28_ivt_linux.sb into SPI NorFlash,but nothing happend!
Daniele Dall'Acqua said:

HI Wu,

Double check the HOLD pin of the SPI FLASH is correct at boot. If you've followed MX28EVK, that pin is LOW at boot, At this will prevent some SPI FLASH to accessible at boot. Then when kernel is loaded the IOMUXING is properly configured and the device can be accessed normally. Solution is adding a pull up on the line.

Take alook here http://imxcommunity.org/group/spansion, in the thread there is a nice clear explanation of the HW mod required.

Ciao

--daniele

0 Kudos

embed_wu
Contributor II

Daniele Dall'Acqua said:

HI Wu,

Ciao

--daniele

0 Kudos

embed_wu
Contributor II

I'm sure that my startup mode is correct.In accordance with the IMX28EVK the instructions,I chose SSP2 (0 - BM2 0 - BM2 1 - BM1 0 - BM0) to start linux, but not any output on the DEBUG serial port.

Vladan Jovanovic said:

Do you see any activity on the SPI NOR lines - is internal ROM trying to read it during boot?

If yes, do you get any output on the debug serial port?

0 Kudos

DanieleDall_Acq
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Wu,

Ciao

--daniele

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you see any activity on the SPI NOR lines - is internal ROM trying to read it during boot?

If yes, do you get any output on the debug serial port?

0 Kudos

embed_wu
Contributor II

Thanks VIadan! I mounted a SPI NorFlash model of AT45DB321D.When  linux starting from NandFlash,the SPI NorFlash can be detected normally, and can be read or write.So I writen imx28_ivt_linux.sb into SPI NorFlash,selected BOOT_MODE 0100(SSP2),nothing happend!
Vladan Jovanovic said:

Boot ROM on i.MX28 supports the SPI NOR. OTP eFuse configuration should not be modified I believe. There's examples of booting/working from SPI NOR posted on this site as well (see Spansion SPI NOR flash example).

I assume you mounted SPI flash on i.MX28EVK? By default, on board there's only footprint for SPI NOR flash, no chips mounted...

How did you configure the BOOT_MODE pins?

0 Kudos

VladanJovanovic
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Boot ROM on i.MX28 supports the SPI NOR. OTP eFuse configuration should not be modified I believe. There's examples of booting/working from SPI NOR posted on this site as well (see Spansion SPI NOR flash example).

I assume you mounted SPI flash on i.MX28EVK? By default, on board there's only footprint for SPI NOR flash, no chips mounted...

How did you configure the BOOT_MODE pins?