Where to find Device Configuration Data (DCD) file and Image Vector Table (IVT)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find Device Configuration Data (DCD) file and Image Vector Table (IVT)?

Jump to solution
ozu
Contributor III

I am booting an IMX6 SABRE SD board from QSPI2. Currently, my kernel and rootfs are on SD card and only U-boot in QSPI2.

I want the boot rom to jump to QSPI and copy my custom image from there to RAM. To do this, I understand that I need to make use of IVT and DCD.

But where are these configurations kept?

I must be having it in the IMX6 SDK but couldn't recognize it.

Are there any examples of DCD and IVT for booting from QSPI available?

Please share.

Thanks!

Labels (3)
1 Solution
yashavanthkumar
Contributor II

Hi Ozu,

You can find all the IVT and DCD related information(header, boot_data structure,..) in the below Freescale's u-boot git repository.

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree

Best Regards,

Yash

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ozu

it is located in

u-boot-2009.08/board/freescale/mx6q_sabresd/flash_header.S

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ozu
Contributor III

sorry I cant find the mentioned file in U-boot source code.

All I have is compiled .imx variations of u-boot for booting from different devices.

u-boot source from GitHub does not contain a folder for imx6q or imxsx!

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please try BSPs from i.MX6 official product page

SABRE Board Reference Design|Freescale

Operating System Software-Board Support Packages (28)

0 Kudos
yashavanthkumar
Contributor II

Hi Ozu,

You can find all the IVT and DCD related information(header, boot_data structure,..) in the below Freescale's u-boot git repository.

uboot-imx.git - Freescale i.MX u-boot Tree

Best Regards,

Yash