When using a qt program to receive keyboard input, an error message appears saying that xkbcommon is

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using a qt program to receive keyboard input, an error message appears saying that xkbcommon is

xueyf
Contributor III

Hello,NXP support

IMX8MP of the platform I am using,the Yocto version I am using is 5.10.35. I have added libinput and libxkbcommon to the Yocto file system, but when I run a QT program and want to use keyboard input, the following error will appear when I tap the keyboard,How to solve this problem

qt.qpa.wayland: xkbcommon not available on this build, not performing key mapping
qt.qpa.wayland: xkbcommon not available on this build, not performing key mapping

xueyf_0-1719818854835.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @xueyf

Thank you for contacting NXP Support!

Are you trying on the i.MX8MP EVK or a custom board?
Did you build the imx-image-multimedia in Yocto?

0 Kudos

xueyf
Contributor III

I am using imx-image-full in yocto,i.MX8MP Our own baseboard,Open the Yocto command line terminal and browser keyboard input is normal,but when I run a QT program and want to use keyboard input, the following error will appear when I tap the keyboard

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @xueyf

Thank you for your answer!

I think this community thread can help you to resolve the issue:
qt.qpa.wayland: xkbcommon not available on this build, not performing key mapping - NXP Community

0 Kudos

xueyf
Contributor III

I have tried this method, compiling libinput and libxkbcommon into Yocto, but it didn't work

0 Kudos