What is the purpose of OCOTP_HW_OCOTP_TESTER0?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the purpose of OCOTP_HW_OCOTP_TESTER0?

Jump to solution
trongthinh
Contributor IV

I read in the i.MX8M Mini Application Processor Reference Manual. I found 6 registers as follows:
OCOTP_HW_OCOTP_TESTER0
OCOTP_HW_OCOTP_TESTER1
OCOTP_HW_OCOTP_TESTER2
OCOTP_HW_OCOTP_TESTER3
OCOTP_HW_OCOTP_TESTER4
OCOTP_HW_OCOTP_TESTER5
I would like to know what their function is for? Can I use it to store tester information? (for example: employee number, test date, etc.)

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

Yes, you are correct. These fuses are used to store tester information such as UID.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

Yes, you are correct. These fuses are used to store tester information such as UID.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
trongthinh
Contributor IV
Hi Jorge,
From the i.MX 8M Mini Applications Processor Reference Manual, section 6.3.4.10, OCOTP_HW_OCOTP_TESTER0 field descriptions. It says: "Reflects value of OTP Bank 0, word 1. These bits become read-only after the
HW_OCOTP_LOCK_TESTER[1] bit is set."
So what is the meaning of the description above? Does it mean I can read/Write OCOTP_HW_OCOTP_TESTER0 multiple time as long as I don't set HW_OCOTP_LOCK_TESTER[1].
Because from my understanding all OTP registers are written once. Please explain to me. Thank!.
0 Kudos
JorgeCas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @trongthinh,

Yes, you are correct, OTP registers are written once. HW_OCOTP_LOCK_TESTER[1] only will disable write on OCOTP_HW_OCOTP_TESTER registers.

Best regards.

0 Kudos