cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wayland build error

Jump to solution
mladenmiljus
Contributor II

I wanted to build LTIB onto a Ubuntu 9.04 host as explained in Setting Up a Linux Host for LTIB Builds on Ubuntu 9.04. It seems that I was able to configure most of the packages, but we are still having problems with the wayland package. I have attached the console output of the whole build process of this package. What can be done to successfully build this package?

Original Attachment has been moved to: wayland_error.txt.zip

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mladenmiljus
Contributor II

My system crashed, so I started over from the begining. I had previously successfully installed LTIB on 11.10 with help from the community, so I tried to recreate the same process on 9.04. It worked, LTIB built successfully (after 9.5h) without any build errors (Wayland or any other) with this process:

1) Follow steps 1.2-1.6 of the Setting_Up_LTIB_host.pdf from L3.0.35_4.1.0_docs.gz. I was working remotely with UltraVNC player, and didn't have to follow any of the other steps.

2) I don't know if it's necessary, but since I followed the same process as I did on 11.10, and it was recommended to install these packages there, I installed them too afterwards:

sudo apt-get install perl binutils libstdc++6 libstdc++6-4.6-dev zlibc texinfo autoconf m4 asciidoc

3) Just to make sure, use these instructions -

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

4) Move L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source.gz to a new folder in your home directory, then from your terminal unpack this .gz and install LTIB: (make sure your /opt/freescale folder is empty beforehand)

tar zxvf L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source.gz

./L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source/install

5)From there on, move inside the LTIB folder and work from there. To make sure there are no elftosb error later on, execute this command:

sudo ln -s /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys /usr/include/sys

6) Make sure your /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD is empty, then configure the LTIB with this command:

./ltib –m config

Configure the LTIB per your wishes.

7) Execute this command to complete the process: ./ltib

Hopefully, there will be no errors, at least for me with this porcess there were no errors.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mladenmiljus
Contributor II

My system crashed, so I started over from the begining. I had previously successfully installed LTIB on 11.10 with help from the community, so I tried to recreate the same process on 9.04. It worked, LTIB built successfully (after 9.5h) without any build errors (Wayland or any other) with this process:

1) Follow steps 1.2-1.6 of the Setting_Up_LTIB_host.pdf from L3.0.35_4.1.0_docs.gz. I was working remotely with UltraVNC player, and didn't have to follow any of the other steps.

2) I don't know if it's necessary, but since I followed the same process as I did on 11.10, and it was recommended to install these packages there, I installed them too afterwards:

sudo apt-get install perl binutils libstdc++6 libstdc++6-4.6-dev zlibc texinfo autoconf m4 asciidoc

3) Just to make sure, use these instructions -

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

4) Move L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source.gz to a new folder in your home directory, then from your terminal unpack this .gz and install LTIB: (make sure your /opt/freescale folder is empty beforehand)

tar zxvf L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source.gz

./L3.0.35_4.1.0_130816_source/install

5)From there on, move inside the LTIB folder and work from there. To make sure there are no elftosb error later on, execute this command:

sudo ln -s /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys /usr/include/sys

6) Make sure your /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/src/rpm/BUILD is empty, then configure the LTIB with this command:

./ltib –m config

Configure the LTIB per your wishes.

7) Execute this command to complete the process: ./ltib

Hopefully, there will be no errors, at least for me with this porcess there were no errors.

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Bio_TICFSL,  Can you please comment?

0 Kudos