cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEC2013 Binary Image does not boot on SABRE LITE kit

sathyakumarselv
Contributor I

Hi,

I am not able to boot Sabre Lite iMX6 board with WINCE 2013 binary downloaded from Adeneo Embedded.

What steps I followed?

1. I have downloaded Windows Compact Embedded 2013 binary image for Boundary device Sabre Lite iMX6 Quad core from Adeneo Embedded website.

2. I have prepared sd card using cfImager.exe tool. Here is the command which i used with cfimager.exe as per document. (J is my sd card drive letter)

cfimager –f nk.nb0 –d J -imx53 –a

cfimager –f eboot.nb0 –d J -imx53

3. Also I have copied iMX6DQ_SPI_to_uSDHC4.bin from iMX6DQ_SPI_to_SD_loader_rev1.0 workaround folder which was provided as part of binary image.

4. SD preparation was successful. When I boot the board I received u-boot prompt (Boot Switch SW1: 00 - Use Fuse settings). I followed the commands specified in the document for erasing SPI EEPROM and loading it with iMX6DQ_SPI_to_uSDHC4.bin from SD card. I have connected my Micro SD card in SD4 slot and copied iMX6DQ_SPI_to_uSDHC4.bin to EEPROM.

What issue I am facing?

Erasing EEPROM went successful. After that when I reset the board, the board does not boots. I neither receive any debug message on Tera Term nor any display on HDMI monitor. I have selected my COM port correctly. I have used Windows 7 32 bit PC for preparing my SD card.

Do I miss any steps in this or is there any special sequence or steps to be followed to make the board boot with WINCE 2013 binary? With the same procedure I was able to boot Sabre Lite iMX6 Quad board with Windows CE 7 binary downloaded from same website successfully without any issue.

I'm so eager to see Windows CE 2013 running on iMX6. Let me know where I go wrong.

Thank You

Sathya Kumar P

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RodneyFulk
Contributor III

I am looking at doing this too and I thought I asked this question already but I don't see it listed.

First off I thought the instructions state the SD3 is the microSD card and SD4 is the standard SD card? If you used the 4 and trying to boot from the microSD card slot maybe that is the issue?

I have some related questions though.

By using the iMX6DQ_SPI_to_SD_loader_rev1.0 workaround we are removing the uboot from onboard and then booting from the SD card correct?

How do we reverse this and how do you switch from one to the other if you loaded the wrong workaround for the wrong SD slot?

I assume that otherwise once this is applied you can load the uboot from SD if you don't feel like reinstalling it into the board?

If you can boot uboot from SD you can then just stop in the uboot process and do the upgradeu to revert right?

Thanks!

Rodney

0 Kudos

sathyakumarselv
Contributor I

Hi Rodney,

In Boundary Device BD-SL iMX6 SABRE Lite board, SD3 is SD Card slot and SD4 is micro SD card slot, the same number goes to workaround binary too. SD3 workaround binary has to be copied to SD card and SD4 workaround binary need to be copied to Micro SD card. This is the simple sequence I followed to boot from sd card.

Regarding your question,

By using the iMX6DQ_SPI_to_SD_loader_rev1.0 workaround we are removing the uboot from onboard and then booting from the SD card correct?

How do we reverse this and how do you switch from one to the other if you loaded the wrong workaround for the wrong SD slot?

Yes you are right, we are completely erasing uboot from flash and loading it with our workaround binary. Refer to following link for the reverse process to flash the board with uboot again.

http://boundarydevices.com/unbricking-nitrogen6x-sabre-lite-i-mx6-board/

https://community.freescale.com/thread/309103

I have tried the process on Windows PC, but it failed, but few succeeded in making it on Windows PC! So I tried on Linux PC and succeeded in re-flashing the device.

I assume that otherwise once this is applied you can load the uboot from SD if you don't feel like reinstalling it into the board?

No, once workaround binary is loaded into flash, we cannot boot uboot from SD card.

If you can boot uboot from SD you can then just stop in the uboot process and do the upgradeu to revert right?

Yes, you can upgrade the uboot as specified in this link. http://boundarydevices.com/u-boot-conventions-for-i-mx6-nitrogen6x-and-sabrelite/

Regards,

Sathya Kumar P

0 Kudos